U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 07:00 PM

10,026 posts, read 14,474,108 times

Advertisements

west chester is large and very walkable...otoh ardmore has direct train service to Center City until late in the evening on weekends.
there are high rise buildings along city line. not bustling but close to manayunk and center city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 11:28 PM

4,614 posts, read 6,271,014 times
Why is Conshohocken not in the running? There are "high-risey" apartments right along the river and the location couldn't be more convenient to the city. It's also close to Berwyn, easy commute, and has the bar scene in the downtown area, which would totally be walkable.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:28 PM

8 posts, read 5,248 times
I can't decide weather I should live in Ardmore or West Chester. Does any have any suggestion or opinion on which place would be best for me? Thank you for all the comments

Old 04-19-2016, 02:30 PM

8 posts, read 5,248 times
I will look up Conshohocken right now. Thank you

Old 04-19-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherveen19 View Post
I will look up Conshohocken right now. Thank you
I think it checks all your boxes. It has a lively bar scene in the downtown area. It's right at an entrance to the Schuylkill Expressway so it's a quick trip into Center City. It's also a quick trip in the other direction to Berwyn, or you also have the option of taking back roads. There are fairly new high-rise apartments along the river. Parking's not an issue. It's close to King of Prussia Mall, largest one in America. Good luck with your search -- Philly is awesome! (Grew up there)

Old 04-20-2016, 08:42 AM

883 posts, read 530,206 times
Of Ardmore and West Chester, I think West Chester ticks more of your boxes. Conshohocken is great, but it may be a bit more family-oriented than you're looking for.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:52 AM

3,168 posts, read 4,802,934 times
The main issue with West Chester is that it does not have good access to Center City. Closest rail stop is in Exton and it's about an hour from there to CC... and driving can easily take upwards of an hour or more as well. Depends how much time OP really wants to spend in CC. Both Ardmore and Conshy are directly on rail lines and much easier to get to CC. Conshy has the added bonus of being a few stops from Manayunk which OP mentioned previously so it would be super easy to hop down there for more things to do.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
The main issue with West Chester is that it does not have good access to Center City. Closest rail stop is in Exton and it's about an hour from there to CC... and driving can easily take upwards of an hour or more as well. Depends how much time OP really wants to spend in CC. Both Ardmore and Conshy are directly on rail lines and much easier to get to CC. Conshy has the added bonus of being a few stops from Manayunk which OP mentioned previously so it would be super easy to hop down there for more things to do.
Right, that is why I picked Conshy too. She wants easy access to the city and to Berwyn....Conshy is in the middle of both. Also you can take back roads from Conshy into Manayunk. I don't know how West Chester checks more of her boxes when she's looking for a high-rise that's close to the city and Berwyn. My cousin and her BF, who are quite the partiers, have lived in Conshy for years and they are not the family type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or