U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 03:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,118 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me their opinions of either town ... We are moving up to the area and are on the fence about what area to really consider. I am coming up to see the schools/houses/area in the next couple weeks. We are moving up from the south and so are excited for great public schools .. My husband will be working in Flemington. We are looking to lease a house for a year or so until we figure out what areas we really like. My children are ages 13 and 15, and play soccer and football . I would really love to hear some insights about the schools ( which ones are better ..ie: CB west vs CB east/ New Hope-Solebury or I guess they would still be in middle schools... .so what are they like ? Also, day to day living ...etc anything would be helpful .

Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 06:33 PM

9 posts, read 16,867 times
My understanding is that NHSB is the better district. CB is good, but it's not as good

Old 04-29-2016, 10:20 AM

149 posts, read 273,037 times
The areas are very similar so it would really be a matter of where you can find a house to live. Both districts are excellent, though the nod would probably have to go to New Hope-Solebury. My wife's cousin is just about to graduate from CB East and that generally has the best reputation among the CB High Schools (followed closely by West, then South).

Since there is not much as far as main roads and bridges in that area, things can get congested depending on where you're coming from. So a trip to Flemington could be long & congested if you're on US Rt. 202 or York Road (PA Rt. 263) for a while before you cross over into NJ (which is where US 202 becomes an expressway). However, housing in New Hope & Solebury Twp generally is more expensive than Buckingham or Doylestown so you might get more bang for your buck there. Granted, they're all more expensive than surrounding areas so the differences may not be huge, but something to keep in mind.

Best of luck!

Old 06-04-2016, 06:57 AM

46 posts, read 144,094 times
Default Great towns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeolsen View Post
Can anyone give me their opinions of either town ... We are moving up to the area and are on the fence about what area to really consider. I am coming up to see the schools/houses/area in the next couple weeks. We are moving up from the south and so are excited for great public schools .. My husband will be working in Flemington. We are looking to lease a house for a year or so until we figure out what areas we really like. My children are ages 13 and 15, and play soccer and football . I would really love to hear some insights about the schools ( which ones are better ..ie: CB west vs CB east/ New Hope-Solebury or I guess they would still be in middle schools... .so what are they like ? Also, day to day living ...etc anything would be helpful .

Thanks so much.
All of the schools listed are very good. My children are in NHS school district and we've been very happy. Lots of activities for kids, and a real community. We've been here just under 2 years and know so many people. When the kids go to the town pool they are already surrounded by friends because it is a small town.

If you work in Flemington, New Hope can save you about 20 minutes each way....and some of the areas you would miss on 202 tend to have lots of backups from my experience.

My 2 cents...but honestly you can't go wrong with either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia