U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 09:20 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,820,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Everyone's a hater on some level. I know enough about other places to know that they're better than here.
Then move. We don't need you here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2006, 09:25 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,341,536 times
If you pay for it,I'm out.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:04 PM

35 posts, read 62,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
If you pay for it,I'm out.
Thats what it comes down to , you are probably stuck in a not so great neighborhood. Buckle up chief and get your rear in gear, get a good job so you can live in one of the great neighborhoods in the area.

If you can't afford anything decent here you had to be just as miserable if not more so in NYC. If you want to beat the higher cost of living and live in Montana get the hell out of here and shut your pie hole.

You have issues.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx2112 View Post
Thats what it comes down to , you are probably stuck in a not so great neighborhood. Buckle up chief and get your rear in gear, get a good job so you can live in one of the great neighborhoods in the area.

If you can't afford anything decent here you had to be just as miserable if not more so in NYC. If you want to beat the higher cost of living and live in Montana get the hell out of here and shut your pie hole.

You have issues.
You sound like a classy broad. I suppose you never had 'issues' in your life.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:43 PM

4 posts, read 11,906 times
Smile feedback, ideas welcome xmas in philly with canine companion and ailing family

Hi, we live in nj near nyc and have a 70 lb labradoodle 2.5 years who has been traveling all over with us to florida, south carolina, jersey shore. now an aged relative is sick and in rehab south of philly. they have a cat so they don't want the doodle to come for xmas. we are looking for dog friendly accommodations, pet sitting in philly/media area over xmas so we can visit with relative and spend xmas as usual with the doodle. any suggestions????? we could sublet for a week.... thanx.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:37 PM

538 posts, read 1,684,441 times
Stuck in PA I think you belong on the NJ or Orange County CA board. Everyone hates those places too, and wants out just like you. To each his own I guess. I have lived in So Cal my whole life and I can't remember many people wanting to move to Oregon. Washington, yes, Oregon, not so much. Good luck to you there though!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc2nyc View Post
Stuck in PA I think you belong on the NJ or Orange County CA board. Everyone hates those places too, and wants out just like you. To each his own I guess. I have lived in So Cal my whole life and I can't remember many people wanting to move to Oregon. Washington, yes, Oregon, not so much. Good luck to you there though!
I'm actually all over these boards as I search for my next location,as are many others. I suppose I'm one of the rare few who is literally stuck at the present moment in a less than desirable location. Guess I wasn't meant to be happy...
As for the people from CA wanting to move north,why should they? CA seems like a decent place(if you can afford it),the weather is good,the people are more laid back...why move? Only reason I thought about Oregon is because pretty much Any place is better than here,and I'll keep saying it!

Old 12-20-2007, 03:28 PM

12,744 posts, read 28,692,570 times
Anyway.... Here's a website that lists pet-friendly hotels: http://www.petswelcome.com/ I think it's becoming a lot more comon to travel with pets. Hope your trip is fun and safe.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 12-20-2007 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: personal

Old 09-17-2009, 12:28 PM

32 posts, read 123,479 times
Great info in regards to bringing a pet across the USA. We might be one of those folks moving from Oregon to PA someday, and although Oregon is pretty on a postcard, that doesn't mean affordability and jobs are there. My husband is from PA, and says the overall affordability and quality of life is much better than Portland. Portland is a great city, but if you aren't with a high paying job or a pot of money, renting long term is one of your more feasible options. The prices of homes in PA that are older with brick is just amazing to me-here you are lucky to find a 3 bed/2 bath 70's ranch in halfway decent neighborhood for $180K.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:55 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,687,771 times
I drove from Philly to LA using mostly I-70 and from SF back to Philly on I-90. I used mostly Motel 6 which is the least expensive chain and was always satisfactory, clean and uniform and they take pets. I-90 in the winter might be too far north (I was traveling in the summer). I-70 went through many interesting attractions but west of Denver it does cut through the Rockys and there could be snow delays. I drove leisurly and spent 7-8 days in each direction, stopping to see everything I could. It was so much fun I am tempted to do it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or