U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-29-2016, 08:49 AM
 
Location: The City
22,381 posts, read 33,159,779 times
Reputation: 7799

Advertisements

Isnt there a far larger comedy scene in Chicago? for that and to try for career Chicago may be a better option

 
Old 06-29-2016, 10:09 AM
 
Location: NYC/CLE
528 posts, read 479,673 times
Reputation: 349
It specifically insists that particular property is a fixer upper.
 
Old 06-29-2016, 06:55 PM
 
710 posts, read 1,357,459 times
Reputation: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChappelleJr View Post
I found a studio for $400 on apartments.com in Philadelphia if it stays the same price I'll definitely be able to afford it even on minimum wage.
Go for it youngblood ! You seem as if you may have to touch the stove.
 
Old 06-29-2016, 08:37 PM
 
47 posts, read 47,601 times
Reputation: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Fan View Post
what, like this??


2950 Rorer St Philadelphia, PA 19134 Rentals - Philadelphia, PA | Apartments.com


Listen to everyone else here. Anything CLOSE to this range is an absolute nightmare to live in. And this isn't factoring in cost of utilities, transportation, and god knows what else.


It's not feasible. You want to have a stand up comedy career you're going to have to have a day job to fall back on. There aren't even that many comedy clubs in the city. I can think of two off the top of my head (one of which is an improv club and not standup) and neither is going to book you enough that you'll be able to survive.


Forget about moving here straight out of high school. learn a useful trade or skill. you want to do comedy? then that's going to have to be the occasional side job, not the main event.
I may be a millennial but not that much so that I'm afraid to start at the bottom. I'll be tough in those neighborhoods I'm from Los Angeles,Philly ain't got **** on me. I'll be moving shortly.
 
Old 06-30-2016, 08:03 AM
 
Location: New York City
6,227 posts, read 5,562,899 times
Reputation: 3325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChappelleJr View Post
I may be a millennial but not that much so that I'm afraid to start at the bottom. I'll be tough in those neighborhoods I'm from Los Angeles,Philly ain't got **** on me. I'll be moving shortly.
Then why ask for advice if you aren't going to listen?
 
Old 06-30-2016, 08:51 AM
 
5,351 posts, read 5,570,613 times
Reputation: 3615
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChappelleJr View Post
I may be a millennial but not that much so that I'm afraid to start at the bottom. I'll be tough in those neighborhoods I'm from Los Angeles,Philly ain't got **** on me. I'll be moving shortly.
Go to trade school and learn plumbing, electrical, carpentry. So many needs for these skills, and it shouldn't cost a lot of money compared to standard college (which may not teach you s***), and they pay well. If you spend your time doing that during the day, you can work toward your goals as a comedian.

If you're driven to do whatever you need to do, you'll make it.
 
Old 06-30-2016, 08:52 AM
 
5,351 posts, read 5,570,613 times
Reputation: 3615
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChappelleJr View Post
I may be a millennial but not that much so that I'm afraid to start at the bottom. I'll be tough in those neighborhoods I'm from Los Angeles,Philly ain't got **** on me. I'll be moving shortly.
Btw - Can you tell us a joke? I could use a laugh.
 
Old 06-30-2016, 09:26 AM
 
633 posts, read 491,807 times
Reputation: 1109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChappelleJr View Post
I may be a millennial but not that much so that I'm afraid to start at the bottom. I'll be tough in those neighborhoods I'm from Los Angeles,Philly ain't got **** on me. I'll be moving shortly.



you know what? I take it back. you're hilarious! this is the funniest thing I've ever read. Clearly a career in comedy is in your future.


edit: Eagerly looking forward to seeing how your tough LA upbringing has prepared you for 0 degree weather and 2 foot blizzards when you can't afford a heating bill.
 
Old 07-02-2016, 03:44 PM
 
47 posts, read 47,601 times
Reputation: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Fan View Post
what, like this??


2950 Rorer St Philadelphia, PA 19134 Rentals - Philadelphia, PA | Apartments.com


Listen to everyone else here. Anything CLOSE to this range is an absolute nightmare to live in. And this isn't factoring in cost of utilities, transportation, and god knows what else.


It's not feasible. You want to have a stand up comedy career you're going to have to have a day job to fall back on. There aren't even that many comedy clubs in the city. I can think of two off the top of my head (one of which is an improv club and not standup) and neither is going to book you enough that you'll be able to survive.


Forget about moving here straight out of high school. learn a useful trade or skill. you want to do comedy? then that's going to have to be the occasional side job, not the main event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Fan View Post



you know what? I take it back. you're hilarious! this is the funniest thing I've ever read. Clearly a career in comedy is in your future.


edit: Eagerly looking forward to seeing how your tough LA upbringing has prepared you for 0 degree weather and 2 foot blizzards when you can't afford a heating bill.
Nice try but in LA the winter is my realm. In 6th grade I went to school with a t shirt and jeans in 38 degree weather and loved it. In fact all I ever wear during winter is t-shirt and jeans.
 
Old 07-03-2016, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Center City
7,085 posts, read 8,214,674 times
Reputation: 10149
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Btw - Can you tell us a joke? I could use a laugh.
Did you ever hear the one about the high school kid who's moving to Philly without a job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top