Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 07:29 AM

1 posts, read 738 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I'm looking for suggestions and guidance for finding a decent home and neighborhood where we can have horses. Also advice about where I can find horse property rentals, and which school systems are decent. I'm answering the questions below as suggested:

When are you moving?

September

Where are you coming from?

Virginia

Why are you moving?

Work

Where will you be working?

King of Prussia

Have you been here yet?

Only on visits

Will you buy or rent?

Rent

If renting, are you looking for an apartment, a townhouse or loft? How much can you spend?

House with pasture and run-in or barn. $1500-2200.

Are you married or single? Do you have children?

10 year old daughter

Do you prefer public or private schools?

Public

What do you want to be closest to?

Work

Do you want to live with people of a similar age, race, religion or sexual preference or do you prefer a diverse neighborhood?

Open

Coke or Pepsi?

Input is much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 10:02 AM

10,597 posts, read 12,040,198 times
I was going to say try parts of Chester County, buy I see you'll be working in King of Prussia.

Try calling the folks at the Devon Horse Show, and just ask if they have suggestions. That's what I'd do.
Might as well ask people who should know.

Good Luck.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:20 AM

1,763 posts, read 1,533,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utbiochemist View Post

If renting, are you looking for an apartment, a townhouse or loft? How much can you spend?

[/i]House with pasture and run-in or barn. $1500-2200.

I'd be shocked if you found a house with pasture for your budget. You best bet is to live near horse boarding farms. There are plenty of those in the area. You'll want to check along routes 29, 422 and 23 if you want to live away from the city. There are horse stables all over the area including in Philly.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:06 PM

13,252 posts, read 33,408,674 times
I'd suggest preparing yourself for a long commute. There's no way you are going to get a house with room (or zoning for a horse) at your budget point within an 45 minutes of King of Prussia if you also want good schools. My best suggestion is to look west at the furthest point in Chester county, or perhaps northwest into Berks county. It's going to be very difficult to find a rental farm, but I do wish you good luck.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia