Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 05:08 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,528,016 times

Advertisements

I've alluded to this in some other threads but figured I'd post it in its own thread as well lol. I'm moving to DC! Very much bittersweet for sure. I absolutely love it here in Philly and have enjoyed having Manayunk be my home for almost 3 years (omg has it really been that long?!)

I said to myself that I wouldn't leave here unless it was some crazy once in a lifetime opportunity. Well guess what? That crazy once in a lifetime opportunity showed up and I would be a fool not to pursue it. Now my Manayunk rowhome is half filled with boxes as I prepare for the movers to come in 2 weeks!

I looked at a bunch of different neighborhoods and commutes but ultimately decided I wanted to be closer to work for the first year or two and then I can branch out further after that. I'm downsizing to an adorable basement apartment in Capitol Hill right next to the Metro. My commute will be a 15min bike ride or 9min Metro ride, it sure will be nice to be able to go home over lunch time!

I've enjoyed helping out all the Philly locals and transplants on this board, and will forever be a cheerleader for Manayunk (yes, my 31yr old non-bro female self). I will miss Philly dearly but am glad I'm not moving too far away, I definitely plan on being up here throughout the year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 06:50 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,226,977 times
Good luck!

Old 09-12-2016, 10:58 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
I've alluded to this in some other threads but figured I'd post it in its own thread as well lol. I'm moving to DC! Very much bittersweet for sure. I absolutely love it here in Philly and have enjoyed having Manayunk be my home for almost 3 years (omg has it really been that long?!)

I said to myself that I wouldn't leave here unless it was some crazy once in a lifetime opportunity. Well guess what? That crazy once in a lifetime opportunity showed up and I would be a fool not to pursue it. Now my Manayunk rowhome is half filled with boxes as I prepare for the movers to come in 2 weeks!

I looked at a bunch of different neighborhoods and commutes but ultimately decided I wanted to be closer to work for the first year or two and then I can branch out further after that. I'm downsizing to an adorable basement apartment in Capitol Hill right next to the Metro. My commute will be a 15min bike ride or 9min Metro ride, it sure will be nice to be able to go home over lunch time!

I've enjoyed helping out all the Philly locals and transplants on this board, and will forever be a cheerleader for Manayunk (yes, my 31yr old non-bro female self). I will miss Philly dearly but am glad I'm not moving too far away, I definitely plan on being up here throughout the year!
Good luck to you.

cpomp moved to NYC but still posts here. Maybe you'll do the same.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:45 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Good luck! Sounds like a wonderful adventure.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousBlueRaincoat View Post
Good luck!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Good luck to you.

cpomp moved to NYC but still posts here. Maybe you'll do the same.
Thanks! I def still plan on sticking around the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Good luck! Sounds like a wonderful adventure.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mifika View Post
Good luck!
Thank you!

Old 09-13-2016, 08:26 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,342,287 times
Good Luck!!

I moved to Manhattan about a month ago and absolutely love it, but Philly will always be my town

Old 09-13-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Good Luck!!

I moved to Manhattan about a month ago and absolutely love it, but Philly will always be my town
Awesome, I didn't realize you had moved so recently! What brought you up there - new job? Definitely agree with you, I feel like a Philly gal for sure. Out of all the places I've lived, Philly is hands-down my favorite.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:58 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,342,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Awesome, I didn't realize you had moved so recently! What brought you up there - new job? Definitely agree with you, I feel like a Philly gal for sure. Out of all the places I've lived, Philly is hands-down my favorite.

New Job. I finished school at Drexel and had a great opportunity to live and work in Midtown, so I figured now is the time to experience NYC, and its been incredible so far but I'll get to Philly often since my family and friends are down there.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
New Job. I finished school at Drexel and had a great opportunity to live and work in Midtown, so I figured now is the time to experience NYC, and its been incredible so far but I'll get to Philly often since my family and friends are down there.
Good for you, congrats!! Having Amtrak and Megabus as options def makes going back and forth easier. I've taken Amtrak down to DC quite a few times in the past few months, super easy!

Old 09-13-2016, 09:58 AM

252 posts, read 234,290 times
Good luck! Report back and let us know how you're enjoying DC compared to Philly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia