Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2016, 06:36 AM

26 posts, read 43,985 times

Advertisements

Current situation is work and De and live in Pa. Currently live and rent in Philly.

Looking to move to Delaware county or Chester county.
Question is?
Where would I see the tax advantages of living in a town with no EIT compared to living in a town with an EIT?
I know that property taxes in Springfield Del county are higher then such places as
Kennett square or Media? But Springfield doesn't have and EIT. Who would I be paying taxes to in a non EIT town? If you live in a town with an EIT is it usually covered with your Pa and De taxes you pay?

Hopefully this question makes sense?
Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 05:34 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,259,690 times
The EIT is completely separate from state income tax and "property tax."

Keystone Collections, a private company, collects EIT in Chester County. In my township EIT is one-half of 1% of earned income.

Do you plan to rent? If so, your rent includes the property tax the landlord pays. If you're buying, house listings show the property tax and you can compare them.

If you move to a township with no EIT, sure, you'll save that tax. But it's a drop in the bucket compared to property taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia