Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 05:14 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nj.co...?client=safari
And another
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 08:09 PM

345 posts, read 276,383 times
This is why I was a good little Catholic girl and spent New Years Day at Mass, then went to brunch and the Art Museum. The Mummers were fun when I was younger.

I hope the poor guy heals soon and is able to continue his career.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:47 AM

2,502 posts, read 4,435,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
All of the links you provided copied the Fox 29 story. They are not independent stories. They did nothing but copy what Fox29 released.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:22 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,098 times
Regarding this story, it's not really that surprising that there is violence when thousands of people are drinking in the streets for hours. I mean, the Mummer's Parade is like a super duper block party. The person who was beaten was a soldier, but he's really just another American.

I'm as outraged that he got beaten as I would be if he were a veterinarian. But I'm not surprised...

Old 01-05-2017, 01:49 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Someone in the other thread on this mentioned that the family set up a go-fund-me for his "medical expenses", even though seeing how he is in the US Army Reserve, he has medical coverage. This is after the very successful go-fund-me that brought him home to visit.

Call me cynical....this story is just so bareboned and seemingly scripted to get the most outrage.
He was also set to deploy soon.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:01 PM

82 posts, read 82,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Someone in the other thread on this mentioned that the family set up a go-fund-me for his "medical expenses", even though seeing how he is in the US Army Reserve, he has medical coverage. This is after the very successful go-fund-me that brought him home to visit.

Call me cynical....this story is just so bareboned and seemingly scripted to get the most outrage.
He was also set to deploy soon.
Also, the original GoFundMe to get him the plane ticket said he would be deploying to New York or Italy. After the attack, they started saying he was deploying to the Middle East. Not saying things couldn't change, but there's something about this story that seems a little off.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:32 PM

840 posts, read 693,576 times
Starting to think somethings weird as well, why no description at all other than a ball cap. I hope if it is BS that it will come out as that its a black eye for the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Also, the original GoFundMe to get him the plane ticket said he would be deploying to New York or Italy. After the attack, they started saying he was deploying to the Middle East. Not saying things couldn't change, but there's something about this story that seems a little off.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:35 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,489,069 times
He was probably drunk, mouthed off to a group of other drunks, and a fight ensued. The fact he didn't go to the police makes me think he's not as innocent as he wants to be seen.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:45 AM

32,933 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Deployed to New York? That's funny. "My son will be risking life and limb in Brooklyn".

I hadn't looked at the GoFundMe page, but it's gone now.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:20 AM

82 posts, read 82,669 times
New article about this at PhillyVoice: Police describe men in attack on soldier after Mummers Parade | PhillyVoice

There is now a description of the attackers but the story has changed. Now he was on his phone talking about being in the army and that lead to the altercation, and now his brother was there and was also assaulted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia