Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 06:53 PM

3 posts, read 6,029 times

Advertisements

I will be starting a residency at einstein philly next year.

can anyone comment on elkins park condos, particularly the one on township line road, called chelbourne plaza. it is right next to the einstein rehab hospital, elkins park hospital. how safe is this area? how long does it take to get to center city, einstein itself.

thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 05:49 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,169,137 times
I don't know where Chelbourne Plaza is specifically but I did grow up in the area (Abington/Cheltenham/Upper Dublin). Elkins Park is one of the more upscale neighborhoods in a generally middle-class bedroom community. I would not have any worries about living there.

If you were to take the train to Center City - which I would recommend - it would be about a 20-minute trip. Catch the train at the Jenkintown-Wyncote stop for your choice of three trains. I'd actually recommend driving to Einstein, if possible, as the transit connection isn't as smooth and the surrounding neighborhood, to be frank, not the most inviting. I would imagine they would have plenty of secure employee parking. It shouldn't be more than a 15-minute drive from Elkins Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by einsteinresident View Post
I will be starting a residency at einstein philly next year.

can anyone comment on elkins park condos, particularly the one on township line road, called chelbourne plaza. it is right next to the einstein rehab hospital, elkins park hospital. how safe is this area? how long does it take to get to center city, einstein itself.

thanks in advance.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:20 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,716,151 times
That's in a safe area. You are a couple of minutes from the Philadelphia border, a neighborhood called Burholme, and a couple of minutes from the borough of Rockledge, both are safe areas with some shopping, etc. Not a particularly hot area for nightlife. About a 5-10 minute drive to Jenkintown for the train to CC, about 20 minutes as noted above. Driving to CC from there, no real direct way to go so you're probably looking more in the 30 minute range, maybe more depending on traffic. Agreed that driving to Einstein would be no more than 15 minutes.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:22 AM

2 posts, read 5,595 times
Nice area. But major drawback--no pubs.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:35 AM

3,301 posts, read 11,716,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillcrass23 View Post
Nice area. But major drawback--no pubs.
Drake Tavern on Old York Rd's pretty good, and the crowd is usually pretty mixed, depending on the night (i.e. if you don't want college kids, stay away on Thursday's beer pong night).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia