Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 04:28 PM

27 posts, read 20,366 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am planning to go to a game in Wells Fargo Center and I am wondering which is the best option for parking as I am living in KOP. The parking in Wells Fargo Center seems to be very expensive.

One option could be to live my car in a Septa train station and take the train I guess...
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 05:07 PM

1,782 posts, read 1,551,299 times
What event are you attending? I can't remember how much I've paid for sixers games but I think it's $20. I thought it was convenient and for a family, it's a good deal. It was easy to get into and out of the venue. I'm not sure if they have offsite parking which is usually cheaper.

You can also buy parking tickets in the ticket re-sale websites or together with the event tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by operagust View Post
Hi,

I am planning to go to a game in Wells Fargo Center and I am wondering which is the best option for parking as I am living in KOP. The parking in Wells Fargo Center seems to be very expensive.

One option could be to live my car in a Septa train station and take the train I guess...
Thanks!

Old 01-23-2017, 07:20 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,463,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ondoner View Post
What event are you attending? I can't remember how much I've paid for sixers games but I think it's $20. I thought it was convenient and for a family, it's a good deal. It was easy to get into and out of the venue. I'm not sure if they have offsite parking which is usually cheaper.

You can also buy parking tickets in the ticket re-sale websites or together with the event tickets.
This ^^^. It depends on the # of people attending and on OP's capacity to deal w/ traffic (getting in/out of the parking lot can be tedious) and waiting (for train, then for subway). There must be a break-even point (train+subway costs v. gas+parking fees). Of course, you can take the more expensive of the two options and even things up by not buying that extra beer or hot dog once you're in the Center :-)

Old 01-23-2017, 01:48 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
I usually park in FDR Park for events-it's across the street from Wells Fargo and Free.99.

(+ I just don't have the patience for waiting to drive out of those monster parking lots after the event.)

I agree with the above though-the subway is another option, and it depends how many people you are with.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:51 PM

184 posts, read 370,253 times
Park along Broad St or near it, then take the subway.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:35 PM

Thanks a lot guys. It is only me and my wife and the thing is that all the time the games starts @7:00 (at least the basketball one) and during the week I am working till 17:15.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:51 AM

One more question. Which is the best site to order tickets online for different events?stubhub (this one adds ~ 12$ fee for each purchase)?

Last edited by operagust; 01-28-2017 at 08:05 AM..

Old 01-28-2017, 09:40 AM

1,782 posts, read 1,551,299 times
I use fanxchange. If you are solo, the best deals are just going to the venue and buying from scalpers. I've done this when I'm on the road. it's risky though as you can buy fake tickets. So far it has worked for me. (knock on wood)

Old 01-28-2017, 10:00 AM

Thanks 1ondoner, I had a look on the fanxchange but it seems that stubhub is cheaper. We are couple, so I wouldn't prefer to have any "surprise" when buying from scalpers.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:04 AM

Yesterday I went to a game. So I have managed to park on the Broad street (free after 6pm) and took the BLS which was very handy. The only problem is the traffic on I76 from King of Prussia to Broad Street as it took me over 1h.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: