Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 01:12 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,516,649 times

Advertisements

It's that time of year too. Pot holes are popping up everywhere.

Selhars, you might be happy to hear that the city is looking to triple its number of paving crews from 1 to 3.. lol... smh..
3 would still be a lot better than one overworked crew collecting an ungodly amount of overtime.

Will This Clean Up Philly's Pothole Problem? | News | Philadelphia Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 03:05 PM

151 posts, read 199,272 times
I've used 311 for many things, and the only thing they follow through with in a timely manner is pothole repair. I've submitted a dozen requests and the holes are filled within a few days. I heard the streets dept will only fill a pothole, not a hole created by the gas company or water department, or for whatever other reason someone dug up the street.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:09 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytransplant13 View Post
I've used 311 for many things, and the only thing they follow through with in a timely manner is pothole repair.
I use 311 for everything - knocked over street signs, malfunctioning street lights, abandoned vehicles - and they've always been very efficient. The only problem they've given me is with repairing alley lights. I waited five months recently before calling my councilman ... he got it fixed in a matter of days.
The street lights always get fixed within a day or two.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
I use 311 for everything - knocked over street signs, malfunctioning street lights, abandoned vehicles - and they've always been very efficient. The only problem they've given me is with repairing alley lights. I waited five months recently before calling my councilman ... he got it fixed in a matter of days.
The street lights always get fixed within a day or two.
I wish I had the same luck. I've reported abandoned cars with no license plates, lights out, etc. and some never get responded, while others take weeks. I sometimes get clarifying questions, in which I respond, and then they go radio silent and don't complete the request.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
I wish I had the same luck. I've reported abandoned cars with no license plates, lights out, etc. and some never get responded, while others take weeks. I sometimes get clarifying questions, in which I respond, and then they go radio silent and don't complete the request.
I guess it depends on the individual taking the call ... My requests usually take weeks, too, but I don't think that's too bad considering the amount of problems a big city experiences.

Old 04-14-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
I guess it depends on the individual taking the call ... My requests usually take weeks, too, but I don't think that's too bad considering the amount of problems a big city experiences.
I have 12 unresponded reports from months ago. It's like certain things get forgotten and commenting for an update doesn't do anything. It's what I expect from a city agency.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
I have 12 unresponded reports from months ago. It's like certain things get forgotten and commenting for an update doesn't do anything. It's what I expect from a city agency.
What neighborhood are you in? I'm in Bridesburg. We may get positive responses because we don't have a police presence. lol
The Anti-Graffiti Network does a helluva job for me, also. The best. Three days and it's gone.

Old 04-16-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
What neighborhood are you in? I'm in Bridesburg. We may get positive responses because we don't have a police presence. lol
The Anti-Graffiti Network does a helluva job for me, also. The best. Three days and it's gone.
Manayunk. I feel we have a pretty good police presence here, and generally low crime. I've used 311 in different parts of the city though and have experienced the same thing. I like to think my account is flagged as "difficult" because some of my requests make them work hard

Old 04-16-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Manayunk. I feel we have a pretty good police presence here, and generally low crime. I've used 311 in different parts of the city though and have experienced the same thing. I like to think my account is flagged as "difficult" because some of my requests make them work hard
I always figured they would appreciate the job security.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:08 PM

184 posts, read 370,427 times
Girard Av just about anywhere but especially btw 26th and Broad St, I'm not sure which is worse, the holes in the road or the litter. Also, the bumps on the road on I-95 north bound just after the airport and before the elevated bridge, my head almost hits the ceiling of the truck I'm driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia