Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:03 PM

301 posts, read 1,326,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
Watching the show makes me hate them even more. Every single time one of them gets that stupid smirk on their face when they get to screw over a member of their community. It's disgusting.
I know what you mean. Sure, they've got a job to do, but do they have to telegraph their joy upon writing up that hefty ticket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 997 times
Philly is the worst place to even venture out to there crime an the parking sucks i would never even tell my worst enemy to go there

Old 11-10-2009, 11:13 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,980,991 times
I was at the light at Broad & Passyunk this afternoon and pulled up next to the woman who rides around in the boot van.

I don't watch the show much but I don't feel sorry for most of the people who get tickets. It's one thing if you're at 2-hour meter and you run over. It happens to the best of us. But when you have a few hundred dollars in unpaid parking tickets - it's usually because you're a scofflaw - and you deserve what you get.

I literally see people drive 3 blocks to the store, double-park on a one-way street while they run into the store, then turn around and go back home. You deserve to get towed.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:56 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Last night's episode was hilarious; some guy was standing on his porch watching his car get booted, and he said in a pleasant, conversational tone to the booters: "I hate the PPA, I hate this city, and I hate you." It wasn't what he said so much as how he said it, like he was trying to be hateful and couldn't pull it off.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:52 AM

119 posts, read 613,641 times
Very entertaining show,I laugh as I hard as I can watching that show, but I think it makes the city look bad,with the way the ppa operates and the general quality of people that seem to make up the balk of the ppa victims.

I must admit I can't seem to get myself away from the tv when it's on.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:22 AM

35 posts, read 146,756 times
I have watched it a few times with my husband. We really like the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia