Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:51 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,138,384 times

Advertisements

Phillies are bad, but I will continue to root for them while wishing nothing but the worst for the Eagles. Hope they finish 4-12. I hate Eagles fans I hate Chikie and Petes, I hate Michael Barkann, Howard Eskin, Cataldi ect the heck with 'em!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 09:54 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,756,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Phillies are bad, but I will continue to root for them while wishing nothing but the worst for the Eagles. Hope they finish 4-12. I hate Eagles fans I hate Chikie and Petes, I hate Michael Barkann, Howard Eskin, Cataldi ect the heck with 'em!
I'm a baseball fan. So I'm stuck with them

Old 05-25-2017, 09:57 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,138,384 times
Good. Baseball is better than football. The Phillies will put together a 13 game winning streak within the month. Michael Saunders will be traded for a big box soft pretzels. Herrera will start to hit again and get his average into the .270s where he will remain for the rest of the year.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:27 PM

222 posts, read 196,409 times
Yes the Phillies are just god awful right now, it's a shame because they were the city's very best team for a nice five or six year run. They are taking a slow approach at rebuilding but I kind of feel like they deserve a break because they did give us a championship in the past decade. I will always root for the four Philadelphia teams for he rest of my life, I love them but yes things are very hard right now. It sucks to have all four teams rebuilding at the same time, but that means in the next 3-4 years they should all be on the upside. But I've never been able to get over the fact that how we're such a large market (second largest city on the east coast) and have so few championships among all four of our teams. But it could be worse. Hopefully in the next few years we'll see some winning!

Old 05-25-2017, 03:08 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,756,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdez View Post
Yes the Phillies are just god awful right now, it's a shame because they were the city's very best team for a nice five or six year run. They are taking a slow approach at rebuilding but I kind of feel like they deserve a break because they did give us a championship in the past decade. I will always root for the four Philadelphia teams for he rest of my life, I love them but yes things are very hard right now. It sucks to have all four teams rebuilding at the same time, but that means in the next 3-4 years they should all be on the upside. But I've never been able to get over the fact that how we're such a large market (second largest city on the east coast) and have so few championships among all four of our teams. But it could be worse. Hopefully in the next few years we'll see some winning!
How could it be worse?

Old 05-25-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
How could it be worse?
I mean at least we've seen our teams win championships before, including one in the past decade. Not all cities can even say that. There are actually many other markets that have fewer pro sports championships than Philadelphia: Arizona, Atlanta, Cleveland, Houston, Washington, Minnesota to name a few (and there are more).

And it looks like we have a very bright future with the Eagles, we have Carson Wentz as our future franchise quarterback, and we've already made major improvements to the offensive line through the draft and free agency. Also the Sixers look to be very optimistic with Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, Dario Saric, and we just got the third overall pick in this years NBA draft. In the next few years we will start to have winning teams again here it just takes some time. I know things suck right now but that is soon to change.

Last edited by Mdez; 05-25-2017 at 04:37 PM..

Old 05-25-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Move to another city, please.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:55 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,638 times
Quote:
Move to another city, please.
I'm an Eagles fan, but I see his point. Eagles fans can be really obnoxious about a team that hasn't won in 57 years.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:59 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,638 times
Quote:
If the Phillies stay true to franchise form, they'll be serious contenders again in twelve to fifteen years. I'm forty-eight and consider myself very lucky to have witnessed them win twice in my life.
They have absolutely nothing right now and the future looks bleak ... be patient, twelve years isn't all that long.
A team in their position should never be as bad as they are currently, but it's all about scouting, anyway.
I have no faith in the Eagles or Flyers building a championship team, the 76ers are going to be the city's next big winner ... I'm still bitter the Phillies didn't win twice during their last run. It's a state of affairs.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
If the Phillies stay true to franchise form, they'll be serious contenders again in twelve to fifteen years. I'm forty-eight and consider myself very lucky to have witnessed them win twice in my life.
They have absolutely nothing right now and the future looks bleak ... be patient, twelve years isn't all that long.
A team in their position should never be as bad as they are currently, but it's all about scouting, anyway.
I have no faith in the Eagles or Flyers building a championship team, the 76ers are going to be the city's next big winner ... I'm still bitter the Phillies didn't win twice during their last run. It's a state of affairs.
Really? TWELVE years?! I was thinking more of 5-6 years for the Phillies. Why don't you have any faith in the Eagles? They've added a ton of offensive weapons already just in the offseason and we have a young QB who will be our future.

I do agree, however, that the Sixers will most likely be the next winners in this city. Really loved some things I saw this year with them. Hence why I bought season tickets for next year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia