U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 10:33 PM

2,131 posts, read 1,102,507 times

Advertisements

http://6abc.com/rizzo-statue-vandali...paint/2320266/
IMO, a lot of this nonsense, such as spray painting anarchist symbols on private and public property, trying to burn down police stations, vandalizing new homes in gentrifying neighborhoods, removing statues and stomping through the streets screeching about imagined injustices is a direct result of Donald Trump's victory in November and the ones acting out think this some how equates to 'resisting.'
They need to grow up and try again in 2020.

Note: FWIW, there's apparently some people who think Rizzo dropped the bomb on Osage Ave (MOVE). A few years back, when 'activists' were 'hot' for his statue, I corrected an older, seemingly intelligent, black woman about this, telling her it was Wilson Goode, and she didn't want to hear it. I can only imagine what the younger generation is being told.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:41 PM

23,420 posts, read 29,118,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
IMO, a lot of this nonsense, such as spray painting anarchist symbols on private and public property, trying to burn down police stations, vandalizing new homes in gentrifying neighborhoods, removing statues and stomping through the streets screeching about imagined injustices is a direct result of Donald Trump's victory in November and the ones acting out think this some how equates to 'resisting.'

Note: FWIW, there's apparently some people who think Rizzo dropped the bomb on Osage Ave (MOVE). A few years back, when 'activists' were 'hot' for his statue, I corrected an older, seemingly intelligent, black woman about this, telling her it was Wilson Goode, and she didn't want to hear it. I can only imagine what the younger generation is being told.
There was a MOVE incident on Rizzo's watch. That's when the cop was shot, which was why the cops wanted to bomb MOVE to kingdom come on Goode's watch.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:45 PM

8,795 posts, read 6,240,046 times
Quote:

Wilson Good was mayor when Move II happened. Frank Rizzo was mayor when Move I happened.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:59 AM

2,076 posts, read 4,350,258 times
And here it goes. More mud-slinging, arguing, bickering, and nastiness...

Old 08-18-2017, 05:13 AM

13,393 posts, read 18,943,480 times
Rebels without a cause.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:27 AM

2,131 posts, read 1,102,507 times
I see it's still difficult for some to accept the FACT that Wilson Goode was the mayor who OK'd a bomb to be dropped on MOVE.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:54 AM

10,688 posts, read 6,272,462 times
Quote:

That woman was probably confusing it with the mess in Powelton Village in 1978.

We all know Rizzo was a very polarizing figure. I have mixed emotions about him. The statue should just be left alone. In time (has not been enough apparently) , it will be forgotten about, few will remember him and people who do remember him now will all be dead.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:55 AM

10,688 posts, read 6,272,462 times
Quote:
I see it's still difficult for some to accept the FACT that Wilson Goode was the mayor who OK'd a bomb to be dropped on MOVE.
Every thinking person knows what happened.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:26 AM

6,659 posts, read 5,860,772 times
Both sides disgust me in this whole right/ left mess. I don't even like watching the news or checking social media anymore because its so disappointing to see so much hate on BOTH sides. I do not support anything I see, but Trump did have a point when he said there was a lot of hate on both sides of the arguement. (In case anyone gets mad, no I am not a Trump supporter).

Old 08-18-2017, 09:59 AM

5,546 posts, read 5,726,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Both sides disgust me in this whole right/ left mess. I don't even like watching the news or checking social media anymore because its so disappointing to see so much hate on BOTH sides. I do not support anything I see, but Trump did have a point when he said there was a lot of hate on both sides of the arguement. (In case anyone gets mad, no I am not a Trump supporter).
Ding ding ding. You're the winner! What you get is to be ignored by everyone as people continue to bicker. So much division...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia