Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 08:30 PM

3 posts, read 3,585 times

Advertisements

I think I'm going to do it guys.

Any recommendation on where I should live?

Want to be wherever all the other recent graduates that have professional jobs are.
Budget, $1500
Safety is a huge concern, and I'd like to be able to walk to work if possible (Logan Square area)

..Hopefully this is a good decision!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 10:35 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonBarksdale View Post

Want to be wherever all the other recent graduates that have professional jobs are.
Budget, $1500
Safety is a huge concern, and I'd like to be able to walk to work if possible (Logan Square area)

Evo at Cira Centre South, next to Drexel U and UPenn. And The Sterling(18th and JFK Blvd). The Sterling is right next door to the current Comcast Center and the under construction Comcast Tech Center.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:

Budget, $1500

Are you bringing a car? That may affect housing options that we may suggest.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:52 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
interesting read.

OPINION: Philly Millennials Need to Up Their Game | News | Philadelphia Magazine

Old 08-31-2017, 11:45 AM

752 posts, read 458,920 times
Quote:

Budget, $1500

I'd start a new thread and fill out the moving to Philadelphia questionnaire.

//www.city-data.com/forum/phila...formation.html

Old 08-31-2017, 12:18 PM

744 posts, read 774,507 times
Quote:

Budget, $1500

Manayunk is the stereotypical just graduated college neighborhood. Unfortunately it is in the NW section of the City and not walkable to your office (thought it does have good train access). Most recent college graduates make quite a bit less than $100k/year lol.

Rittenhouse, just south of Logan Square, will have some stuff in your budget and has a lot of nightlife and a lot of young professionals. So does Fairmount/Spring Garden which is just north of logan square (though these neighborhoods are more quiet).

I would also recommend checking out Washington Square West, Old City, Northern Liberties, Fishtown, East Passyunk, and Graduate Hospital even though they might not be easy walking distance to your office. I think you made the right choice. Good luck!

Old 08-31-2017, 04:03 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,456,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansastoSouthphilly View Post
Manayunk is the stereotypical just graduated college neighborhood. Unfortunately it is in the NW section of the City and not walkable to your office (thought it does have good train access). Most recent college graduates make quite a bit less than $100k/year lol.

Rittenhouse, just south of Logan Square, will have some stuff in your budget and has a lot of nightlife and a lot of young professionals. So does Fairmount/Spring Garden which is just north of logan square (though these neighborhoods are more quiet).

I would also recommend checking out Washington Square West, Old City, Northern Liberties, Fishtown, East Passyunk, and Graduate Hospital even though they might not be easy walking distance to your office. I think you made the right choice. Good luck!
You forgot Germantown!

Old 08-31-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
You forgot Germantown!
Ha, ha, ha. You're so funny. lol

Old 08-31-2017, 05:18 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,456,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Ha, ha, ha. You're so funny. lol

Old 09-01-2017, 02:16 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
I got a job offer for 100k right next to Logan square.
I currently live in NOVA and hadn't considered leaving until I got this random offer. Now I'm seriously considering Philly. The DC/NOVA area I'm at now is a mecca for people my age, and I can't really tell if Philadelphia is a good place for young professionals like me. It is a slight pay increase from my current job and I know that Philadelphia is significantly cheaper than where I am now, so that's definitely a bonus.

Things that matter to me - Being able to walk around at night, being close to other young people, having access to nature, being able to walk to work. I'm looking to keep my rent at the $1500 mark.

Also - real estate. I'm hoping to buy my own condo after I live in the city for a year or two. Is the Philadelphia real estate market expanding? I know that in DC/NOVA the ship has pretty much sailed for small time would-be real estate moguls, but it doesn't seem like it's too late for Philadelphia as far as I can tell.

But yeah. The most important thing for me is access to other young people since I would be moving in knowing nobody at all. Really curious on how difficult it is to meet other people in this city.

-A dude that really doesn't know anything about Philadelphia
definitely. You have a good plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia