Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 10:54 AM

273 posts, read 206,773 times

Advertisements

Unless you have some inside information about the package they've assembled and are sending over to Amazon, I don't know why you are making these criticisms. It's ridiculous. In the meantime, I suggest checking out the #phillydelivers hashtag on Twitter (created by the city, btw).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 11:14 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslhu View Post
Unless you have some inside information about the package they've assembled and are sending over to Amazon, I don't know why you are making these criticisms. It's ridiculous. In the meantime, I suggest checking out the #phillydelivers hashtag on Twitter (created by the city, btw).
The videos are part of the package. They are boring and have close to zero visuality or energy. They won't be effective. Why would anyone expect the rest of the package to be any better? Who knew that the guys who founded Colombe and Yards, two great entrepreneurs, would lack so much elan? It surprises me how dull they are.

I know he's an old man and retired but you mean to tell me the city couldn't convince Jack Bogle to talk wrt Vanguard?!

Old 10-18-2017, 01:33 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,868,827 times
We've seen just a couple/few videos. Aren't there going to be 8? I assume they will cover more of what kyb01 wants to see. Plus, I doubt they'll send everyone the exact package that was sent to Amazon. We'll likely get fragments that are less cohesive/polished.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
We've seen just a couple/few videos. Aren't there going to be 8? I assume they will cover more of what kyb01 wants to see. Plus, I doubt they'll send everyone the exact package that was sent to Amazon. We'll likely get fragments that are less cohesive/polished.
I hope and pray you are right.

I took a tour of the historic Fairmount Park houses over the weekend. What a treasure those places are. Bezos went to Princeton. I hope he would have some understanding of how bringing his company here would connect a lot of dots with our collective past and our country's future.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:08 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,868,827 times
Tax break offer for Amazon to top $1 billion, Philly-area business group head says

Not nearly as big of a number as NJ offered.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:15 PM

273 posts, read 206,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
If I’m reading it correctly, that “more than” $1 billion is from the state, which would be in addition to the $2 bilion in savings from Councilman Oh’s mega business legislation that was approved. Still not as much as New Jersey’s, which would be hard to match, but pretty damn good.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:24 PM

1,782 posts, read 1,551,299 times
Philly's greatest strength is the geographical location on the East Coast and a hope over the pond to Europe.

I would have loved to see other Philly area CEOs in the videos. For example, Comcast, AmerisourceBergen and even Dupont in Wilmington which is technically part of Philly. There's also a major presence of major multinational corps in Philly and they could have added their weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Just read that Moody's ranks the cities most likely to land Amazon based on 5 factors:

Austin
Atlanta
Philadelphia

When geography is included as a 6th factor Philly is #1 and Pittsburgh #2.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:42 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,250,389 times
The videos are boring. It’s always better to show rather than tell. I hope the rest of the package has more energy.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ondoner View Post
Philly's greatest strength is the geographical location on the East Coast and a hope over the pond to Europe.

I would have loved to see other Philly area CEOs in the videos. For example, Comcast, AmerisourceBergen and even Dupont in Wilmington which is technically part of Philly. There's also a major presence of major multinational corps in Philly and they could have added their weight.
We really do not know yet that they haven't. The general public may never know what the complete package consists of.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
The videos are boring. It’s always better to show rather than tell. I hope the rest of the package has more energy.
Already been said, twice, upthread by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia