Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 02:30 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times

Advertisements

I have only been to the Cheese Factory located in King of Prussia and Cherry Hill but never 15th and Walnut. The family decided the center city location would be better instead of King of Prussia and was wondering what do you think of the one at 15th and Walnut? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 07:16 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,762,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I have only been to the Cheese Factory located in King of Prussia and Cherry Hill but never 15th and Walnut. The family decided the center city location would be better instead of King of Prussia and was wondering what do you think of the one at 15th and Walnut? Thanks
It's a popular chain. They're all similar in that the point is to duplicate its atmosphere and food in each restaurant so patrons know what to expect and don't have to deal with anything challenging. Lots of people want that experience.

Of course the biggest difference between these two is whether you drive or not and parking if you do drive.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
It's a popular chain. They're all similar in that the point is to duplicate its atmosphere and food in each restaurant so patrons know what to expect and don't have to deal with anything challenging. Lots of people want that experience.

Of course the biggest difference between these two is whether you drive or not and parking if you do drive.
I enjoyed my meal but i prefer the king of prussia location and will not be returning to 15th and walnut. The KOP location is bigger and plus you have the option of being in the mall while you wait to be seated. Plus the overall atmosphere at 15th street was something i was not all that impressed with and wont be back.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:17 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,762,205 times
Quote:
I enjoyed my meal but i prefer the king of prussia location and will not be returning to 15th and walnut. The KOP location is bigger and plus you have the option of being in the mall while you wait to be seated. Plus the overall atmosphere at 15th street was something i was not all that impressed with and wont be back.
It's a legitimate pov, of course, not one I share.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:28 PM

252 posts, read 234,290 times
Quote:
What, specifically, was wrong with the atmosphere for you? Just curious!

Old 10-22-2017, 02:33 PM

252 posts, read 234,290 times
Quote:
If you're going downtown, I would go to non chain restaurants for sure (Philly has such a good food scene) and save the Cheesecake Factory for the suburbs.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionlyused59 View Post
What, specifically, was wrong with the atmosphere for you? Just curious!

The seating combined with the overall view outside the window and how much smaller it is compared to the one in King of Prussia. Also trying to eat while sitting very close to strangers was kind of annoying which is why I won't be returning to 15th and walnut.

Old 10-22-2017, 03:43 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,589,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionlyused59 View Post
If you're going downtown, I would go to non chain restaurants for sure (Philly has such a good food scene) and save the Cheesecake Factory for the suburbs.
This^

Old 10-22-2017, 05:25 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,132,699 times
Quote:
Also trying to eat while sitting very close to strangers was kind of annoying
I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the downtown location.

For me, at ANY restaurant -- it's not about eating around strangers, or I'd never go out. I don't even mind family style restaurants -- seated at the same table with another party (although there's more of that in Europe).

For me...the turn off is being squeezed in TOO TIGHT.....a restaurant that squeezes in too many tables to increase the seats. And in many cases you can walk into the room (and not even be seated yet) at tell...."this is too crowded."

I understand that there's a table behind me or on the side. But I shouldn't have to squeeeeze into the seating, constantly pull my chair up to let someone by, have someone bumping my chair, or eat with my elbows at my sides. Oh how I hat that last one. It has the potential to ruin the entire experience.

Oh and another major pet peeve is music that's too loud. I've walked out of places for both of these reasons.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the downtown location.

For me, at ANY restaurant -- it's not about eating around strangers, or I'd never go out. I don't even mind family style restaurants -- seated at the same table with another party (although there's more of that in Europe).

For me...the turn off is being squeezed in TOO TIGHT.....a restaurant that squeezes in too many tables to increase the seats. And in many cases you can walk into the room (and not even be seated yet) at tell...."this is too crowded."

I understand that there's a table behind me or on the side. But I shouldn't have to squeeeeze into the seating, constantly pull my chair up to let someone by, have someone bumping my chair, or eat with my elbows at my sides. Oh how I hat that last one. It has the potential to ruin the entire experience.

Oh and another major pet peeve is music that's too loud. I've walked out of places for both of these reasons.

The music being too loud is the experience I had at Green Eggs on 13th and Locust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia