Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2017, 03:33 AM

401 posts, read 426,382 times

Advertisements

We recently moved to West Chester Borough and love living here. Often folks post ....."where to live in the Philadelphia metro area", another place to consider.

Do not forget to watch the West Chester Christmas Parade on the QVC channel on Christmas Day, over 40k came to WC and watched the parade and 6k were in the parade, a fun time.

Merry Christmas

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/westc...mmunity+corner

And 2nd best place in Pa.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/westc...e-pennsylvania this is the criteria they used to determine the ranking...
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 01-18-2018 at 06:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 09:13 AM

9,378 posts, read 9,326,130 times
Great news. West Chester is a wonderful town and area, much deserved.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:18 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
West Chester is pretty cool except for all the college kids. I usually avoid it until the semester is over. Phoenixville doesn't have that problem.

Old 12-26-2017, 01:56 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,754,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
West Chester is pretty cool except for all the college kids. I usually avoid it until the semester is over. Phoenixville doesn't have that problem.
I was one of those college students 50 years ago this past September. I only went there for two years. It almost had the same amount of charm back then. I always liked it. I still do.

Old 12-26-2017, 03:18 PM

9,378 posts, read 9,326,130 times
Quote:
That is a bit of an exaggeration, yes there are college kids, but they don't roam the streets and break windows. A Saturday at night might be loud and busy at most places, but that is part of a healthy town.

My parents take their grandson to West Chester various days throughout the year and have never once complained about students.

Old 12-26-2017, 03:46 PM

386 posts, read 266,118 times
Quote:
Both Phoenixville and West Chester are great towns. I actually think they might be my two favorite walkable suburban towns in the Philadelphia region. Part of what makes them both great is the lively nightlife.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:09 PM

401 posts, read 426,382 times
We found West Chester as a result of our daughter attending the University and living in town for awhile. When it came time to retire and get out of NJ we looked at Media, Chestnut Hill, Phoenixville, Doyestown and several places in Delaware and settled on West Chester a decision we do not regret at all.

We live within sight of the University, we have had no problems with the university. We take advantage of the many free concerts, lectures, etc the university has to offer. The University has a large music program with many talented students. We attend quality concerts 2-3 nights a week during the semester, all for free. The local police and campus security keep close tabs on the students and pretty much do not put up with a lot of stuff. Our encounter with students have been great, we were moving in a couch and struggling when all of the sudden it got lighter, a few big guys saw us and stopped and helped and would not take anything for their time.

They recently opened a professional performing arts theater in the Borough where the old armory used to be on High Street. They did an amazing job fixing up the old place. We attended a play a few days ago and it was first class the actors did a fantastic job. Check out the web site below, well worth your time if you are in the area.

Home - UPTOWN!

Old 12-26-2017, 11:37 PM

14,161 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC1957 View Post
We recently moved to West Chester Borough and love living here. Often folks post ....."where to live in the Philadelphia metro area", another place to consider.
Thanks for calling those cool stats to my attention. I'll figure out some way to mention those in my work.

Now, if they can just finish restoring all of the old PRR West Chester Branch.

This is actually something of a cause for the borough, which formed a citizens' committee to push for this:

West Chester Railroad Restoration Committee

AKA

Committee to Reestablish Rail Service to West Chester

There's a feasibility study underway.

This will get passing mention in the February issue of Philadelphia.

Old 12-27-2017, 03:22 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,297,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC1957 View Post

Do not forget to watch the West Chester Christmas Parade on the QVC channel on Christmas Day, over 40k came to WC and watched the parade and 6k were in the parade, a fun time.

Merry Christmas

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/westc...mmunity+corner

And 2nd best place in Pa.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/westc...e-pennsylvania this is the criteria they used to determine the ranking...
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Did happen to catch some of that parade on Christmas day. Very nice, brought in groups from other states.

Last edited by Yac; 01-18-2018 at 06:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia