Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 08:44 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times

Advertisements

This is a free event but you can help support it by buying a tote bag

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2018/...e-signing-day/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 04:23 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,783 times
cool.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:50 PM

1,782 posts, read 1,553,691 times
What's in the tote bag? It may not be obvious to me because I did not attend college in the US. Or is it just a tote bag only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post

Old 04-08-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ondoner View Post
What's in the tote bag? It may not be obvious to me because I did not attend college in the US. Or is it just a tote bag only?
I think its just the tote bag

Old 04-09-2018, 07:20 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,421,249 times
Quote:

Not to be picky-picky, but attendees are buying tickets to the event...not tote bags (the bags come with the tickets).

I love me some Michelle Obama, but she's not the only celebrity who will be at the event.

Quote:
Roughly 8,000 Philadelphia students are expected to attend Signing Day at the Liacouras Center, as well as a star-studded lineup of actors, singers and athletes: Bradley Cooper, Robert De Niro, Zendaya, Questlove, Nick Cannon, Kelly Rowland, Rebel Wilson, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and some Eagles players.

Those interested can purchase tickets for $55 (plus a $5.12 fee) through Eventbrite. Everyone who signs up will get a tote bag through Reach Higher and its affiliated campaign, Better Make Room. Attendees are encouraged to wear a college T-shirt of their choice.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
Not to be picky-picky, but attendees are buying tickets to the event...not tote bags (the bags come with the tickets).

I love me some Michelle Obama, but she's not the only celebrity who will be at the event.
She's the one who initiated the project but yes there will be other celebrities attending. I assumed if people were interested they would read the article. And yes, the tote bag comes with purchasing a ticket.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:22 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Hot air, and a LOT of it.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:38 AM

1,782 posts, read 1,553,691 times
I was just wondering why there was no picture or description of the tote bags. I get vexed by such minor details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Hot air, and a LOT of it.

I'm all for supporting the under-privileged. If one grew up in privilege this may seem trivial but even worse is the attitude of not providing support to those who need it and even going further to create barriers for their advancement.

This year I have made a commitment to contribute towards scholarships that are assist talented and hard working minorities going to college. My donation, together with a match from my employer should ease the financial burden of at least one individual going to college.

I'm still researching on the various scholarships available in the Philadelphia area and hope to make a decision by the end of the month. The first criteria is that it must be highly rated (Guide-star gold or platinum), not tied to any particular college and most of the funds going towards the beneficiaries.

Old 04-09-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I was just wondering why there was no picture or description of the tote bags. I get vexed by such minor details.

I'm all for supporting the under-privileged. If one grew up in privilege this may seem trivial but even worse is the attitude of not providing support to those who need it and even going further to create barriers for their advancement.

This year I have made a commitment to contribute towards scholarships that are assist talented and hard working minorities going to college. My donation, together with a match from my employer should ease the financial burden of at least one individual going to college.

I'm still researching on the various scholarships available in the Philadelphia area and hope to make a decision by the end of the month. The first criteria is that it must be highly rated (Guide-star gold or platinum), not tied to any particular college and most of the funds going towards the beneficiaries.
Agree about the tote bag. Especially since it costs $55 bucks. And yes. This is all about the kids.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:39 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,421,249 times
Quote:
Agree about the tote bag. Especially since it costs $55 bucks. And yes. This is all about the kids.
Arrrggghhh! The tote bag does not cost $55.00! That is the cost of the ticket to the event! The tote bag is a "gift".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: