Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 06:04 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
the 911 recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFRP7QwlIH0

I listened to it twice. I listened to the initial call 3 times. I don't think you can really get much from it. "Two gentleman refusing to make a purchase". Like others have stated, who knows what first conversation was truly like other than the serious breakdown in communication.
Boy, the SB manager making that initial call sure sounded like a racist. Short and to the point is always proof of racism.

Philly PD did nothing wrong here at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I feel other races have been kicked out for the same thing then it was not racism. Case closed.
Of course, especially if one or both of these guys asked to use the restroom as well. Then they refused to purchase something. Same thing would have happened to anyone.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-17-2018 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: Removed racist comment.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:08 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,897,003 times
Quote:
Slick wording in your sentence. To answer your inaccurate and poorly worded sentence, No one is required to wear anything particular to meet a friend at a coffee shop.

Now to answer the real accurate question, A so called business professional meeting a business associate in public during the work day is required to not wear sweat pants and a hoodie. A collared shirt would do.
According to who? You? I didn't know they needed to dress a certain way in order to meet someone they knew at a coffee shop. If the friend they were there to meet didn't have a problem with it, then why should anyone else? So, the way they were dressed suggests to you they may have records?

Old 04-17-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenses & Lights. View Post
According to who? You? I didn't know they needed to dress a certain way in order to meet someone they knew at a coffee shop. If the friend they were there to meet didn't have a problem with it, then why should anyone else? So, the way they were dressed suggests to you they may have records?
Oh, now the extent of the relationship with this ''friend'' is known but no one knows who these guys are yet. Wonder why?

Old 04-17-2018, 06:17 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,941,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenses & Lights. View Post
According to the standards of the business and real estate professional world.

Well now you do know. I'm glad I could educate you.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Slick wording in your sentence. To answer your inaccurate and poorly worded sentence, No one is required to wear anything particular to meet a friend at a coffee shop. This is an example of how desperate people are to play the race card!

Now to answer the real accurate question, A so called business professional meeting a business associate in public during the work day is required to not wear sweat pants and a hoodie. A collared shirt would do.
Not only a collared shirt, but drop $2.50 for a coffee.

I noticed about a month or so ago that this location had changed its seating set-up. No more 4 soft chair sitting areas and I noticed as well that the usual ''sitters'' weren't there at all anymore. I figured this place finally changed its policy about ''not buying, not staying'' or not staying all day 'cuz you bought a $2.50 coffee 8 hours ago.

It was a nice change. That and the bathroom policy had changed.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:32 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,897,003 times
Quote:
According to the standards of the business and real estate professional world.

Well now you do know. I'm glad I could educate you.
Uh..No., it seems the friend did not have a problem with their outfits, also he was not dressed much better himself.

Starbucks arrests spark protests - Video - Business News

Old 04-18-2018, 05:42 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
they were sitting in the store for 45 minutes, according to the Starbucks CEO, all are welcome to come in to their stores and sit there as long as you want even if you don't buy anything. This is good info to know, it's cold in many Starbucks locations, what a blessing to know there's a business that welcomes you into their stores, even if you don't want to buy anything.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:53 AM

9,379 posts, read 9,331,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
they were sitting in the store for 45 minutes, according to the Starbucks CEO, all are welcome to come in to their stores and sit there as long as you want even if you don't buy anything. This is good info to know, it's cold in many Starbucks locations, what a blessing to know there's a business that welcomes you into their stores, even if you don't want to buy anything.
But were they rude to employees or patrons?

My local Starbucks in NYC has a homeless lady camp out in there for hours everyday, BUT she always buys a coffee, seems like common sense to me. Plus I wouldn't sit in a coffee shop for almost an hour without getting something, or at least telling the barista I will order in a bit. I guess I just have more street etiquette than your average grown-up in 2018.

You could buy a banana for 50 cents for goodness sake.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:59 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Sounds so wonderful, and UTOPIAN. What happens when the place is full of people wanting to get warm, and not buying anything? What will actual customers do when they see there is NO PLACE for them to drink, and eat after their purchase. I know what I would do. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

That is not a sustainable business model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia