U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 10:10 AM

5,351 posts, read 5,570,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Well, that guy is his publicist but, yeah, Cosby will never admit guilt or take any responsibility for anything.

Here's my fury about Cosby. He pretended to actually care about the fate of poc. He doesn't care about black people. He never cared about us. He used it as a cover and prop to get away with his toxic behavior toward women.
Why can't he care about both? He's a sick man for sure, but that doesn't mean he didn't care about anyone/anything else, right? At the end of the day, he is/was a rich celebrity. I'm never surprised when a celebrity is as nasty as anyone else...

I'm with Kamms on the race card. What a ridiculous cop-out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 12:44 AM

27,348 posts, read 29,882,052 times
I do NOT approve of what he did, but there's got to be a hidden agenda(s) behind all of this. The stuff Bill Cosby did--and worse--goes on every day of the week in Hollywood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roW238dfUUk

Old 09-28-2018, 12:51 AM

27,348 posts, read 29,882,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Their only son was weirdly murdered several years ago in California, and one of their 4 daughters died at 44 earlier this year-but I agree with you and feel terribly for her.
I don't think the death of Ennis Cosby was a ramdom happening.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:30 AM

10,273 posts, read 5,934,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Why can't he care about both? He's a sick man for sure, but that doesn't mean he didn't care about anyone/anything else, right? At the end of the day, he is/was a rich celebrity. I'm never surprised when a celebrity is as nasty as anyone else...

I'm with Kamms on the race card. What a ridiculous cop-out.
Just my opinion of course but psychopaths, which it seems he is, lack empathy and manipulate people for selfish ends.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:34 PM

7,473 posts, read 10,235,627 times
Quote:
Just my opinion of course but psychopaths, which it seems he is, lack empathy and manipulate people for selfish ends.
I'd say he's more socio than psycho, especially considering his ability to charm America into buying his wholesome Dad image for so long, but otherwise agree. Whatever label you slap on the guy, he understands right from wrong and chooses to disregard it.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:35 AM

10,273 posts, read 5,934,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
I'd say he's more socio than psycho, especially considering his ability to charm America into buying his wholesome Dad image for so long, but otherwise agree. Whatever label you slap on the guy, he understands right from wrong and chooses to disregard it.
I'm not so versed wrt psychology but my understanding is sociopaths are less severe in their actions.

Being charming is part of the deceit psychopaths use.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:26 PM

7,473 posts, read 10,235,627 times
Quote:
I'm not so versed wrt psychology but my understanding is sociopaths are less severe in their actions.

You may be right regarding terminology, actually.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:49 PM

4,822 posts, read 3,851,166 times
Quote:
Well, that guy is his publicist but, yeah, Cosby will never admit guilt or take any responsibility for anything.

Here's my fury about Cosby. He pretended to actually care about the fate of poc. He doesn't care about black people. He never cared about us. He used it as a cover and prop to get away with his toxic behavior toward women.
This is another sad part about this whole story. Some people will use anything to have and get their way.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:53 PM

4,822 posts, read 3,851,166 times
Quote:

I’ve read that sociopaths are more the result of their environment, like abuse etc. and have some degree of empathy while a psychopath is, from the get go, void and incapable of developing empathy towards people (and animals).

I would place Cosby at the psychopath level, but I’m not an expert.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:32 PM

4,719 posts, read 8,564,012 times
I don't think "psychopath" nor "sociopath" are actual psychiatric terms. My understanding is the definitions of these words depends on who you ask.

Nonetheless Cosby's got issues and that's why he's in the replacement for Graterford. (do you guys wish the new building had the same name instead of being given the new name SCI Phoenix?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia