U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 12:00 AM

4,614 posts, read 6,271,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
Wow, so let me get this straight. Because I have a few gripes about Wawa and start a thread about them, you suggest I leave the area? Seems a little outlandish, don’t you think?

Almost everyone in this thread agrees that the pretzels are bad and the hoagies are subpar. I won’t worship Wawa just because it’s locally owned because I think there’s a few things they could do better.
Awwww, you didn't really take my comment literally, did you...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 02:56 AM

6,213 posts, read 3,048,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'd think since the thread is about the convenience store aspect that would be the starting point. A dairy and milk delivery business is a different thing altogether.
Given the purpose for which the convenience stores were created - namely, to offer outlets for Wawa's milk, since fewer people were getting it delivered at home - I'm not so sure I'd separate the two so cleanly.

(And the stores originally bore the name of the company at the time: Wawa Dairy Farms. They would continue to bear that name for about their first decade of existence, at which point Wawa dropped the "Dairy Farms" from the name of the stores. I don't remember right off when they dropped those words from the name of the company.)

Old 11-22-2018, 08:11 AM

3,479 posts, read 2,600,218 times
We used to get hoagies at Wawa, back when they sliced the cheese and meat themselves. The hoagies used to be decent, but they are awful now. We call them "soggies" because the rolls have the texture of Kleenex and the minute there is vinegar or oil or lettuce or tomatoes put on them, they turn into a soggy mess. Yuck. Haven't ordered one in at least 5 years, probably considerably longer.

I occasionally go to Wawa for gas, because their pump attendants (remember, I'm in NJ) are always unfailingly friendly and polite. I also occasionally go there if I feel like spending full retail on a bag of chips or an Entenmann's. Which is almost never.
But if Wawa works for you, that's great.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:36 AM

10,273 posts, read 5,934,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Wow, so many folks in this thread spend so much time exploring and thinking about convenience stores. Am I the only one here that almost never goes into one? I buy gas and skip the trip into the store by making sure I have food and water on the road. If I do happen to go in one, I'm in and out quickly.
No, you're not the only one. The last time there was a Wawa thread I said I rarely if ever go to them. I said it again this time. It's great that a local company continues to do well. I actually understand why people get attached to them. I also get that they are a Philadelphia institution. But for me personally I don't much care about what they sell.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:41 AM

10,273 posts, read 5,934,396 times
Quote:
Wow, so let me get this straight. Because I have a few gripes about Wawa and start a thread about them, you suggest I leave the area? Seems a little outlandish, don’t you think?

Almost everyone in this thread agrees that the pretzels are bad and the hoagies are subpar. I won’t worship Wawa just because it’s locally owned because I think there’s a few things they could do better.
Avalon8, who said that, lives in Florida! Lol. He or she already left the Phila. area.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:44 PM

27,267 posts, read 25,865,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Avalon8, who said that, lives in Florida! Lol. He or she already left the Phila. area.
Florida? Over, out.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:50 AM

8 posts, read 7,144 times
“You don’t what you’ve got till it’s gone” Never used their gas but now living in Tucson and miss Wawa a bunch.Don’t get me wrong- there are plusses out here: clean air,open space,climate,etc. but the local chain-Circle K-is brutal in comparison. (Wawa could run “circles” around them.)Late at night I just Jones for a jalapeño cheese stuffed soft pretzel.

Old 11-23-2018, 11:45 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,492,345 times
Quote:
I like Wawa, just like everyone else. However, I’ve been told by multiple auto mechanics that their gas is substandard.
Their gasoline is absolute horse crap! At best, I can only get 6 days out of a full tank. With Sunoco and Royal Farms, I can get 2 weeks to 2.5 weeks out of a tank. Wawa gas is cheap for a reason.

As for your other points, I tend to agree.

Old 11-23-2018, 01:34 PM

23,169 posts, read 28,586,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.drama View Post
“You don’t what you’ve got till it’s gone” Never used their gas but now living in Tucson and miss Wawa a bunch.Don’t get me wrong- there are plusses out here: clean air,open space,climate,etc. but the local chain-Circle K-is brutal in comparison. (Wawa could run “circles” around them.)Late at night I just Jones for a jalapeño cheese stuffed soft pretzel.
Ah, Circle K, the new, even weirder, name for Kangaroo Express.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:57 PM

1,161 posts, read 722,859 times
we just got a wawa down here bout a year ago..I stop at 7/11 every night at 2 a.m.--get one glazed donut (that just came in fresh)--microwave for 4 seconds exactly, get medium coffee and continue on my paper route..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia