Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 05:03 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
A few (maybe more) years ago, Wawa switched to making their own bread, and gave up Amoroso rolls. I dislike their Hoagies now because their bread is TOO SWEET. Guess they figured out like with other fast food, sugar is addictive. Wawa's products are generally OK, but they have a LOT of them in one place so offer a lot of convenience. I never heard bad stuff about their gas, but do know people with performance vehicles that will only buy gas at Sunoco, and Shell, so maybe there is something to it.
Good decision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 05:50 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,868,827 times
Wow, so many folks in this thread spend so much time exploring and thinking about convenience stores. Am I the only one here that almost never goes into one? I buy gas and skip the trip into the store by making sure I have food and water on the road. If I do happen to go in one, I'm in and out quickly.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:39 PM

32,922 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
You have some fabulous lines in here.

Kangaroo Express has absolutely nothing of note, but what they've got probably won't kill you.

Quick Trip is clean, but if you don't want a hot dog, forget it.

By the way, do you know if Woodstown is named after this Wood family?
I didn't know that.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:41 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I didn't know that.
Which?

Old 11-21-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmcpsu View Post
Wawa has decent hoagies, but even then, they dropped off ever since they ditched the Amoroso rolls. They've been creeping up in price too. Once you drift away from the hoagies, their made-to-order food is pretty weak. The Sizzli breakfast sandwiches are subpar when you're sober, and an 8 out of 10 if you're hungover. As discussed, the pretzels are an embarrassment to Philly pretzel culture. Speaking of an embarrassment to Philly, can we talk about how pathetic their cheesesteaks are?

Sheetz has respectable hoagies that are only a notch below Wawa's, but it shreds Wawa on non-hoagie items. Look at all this variety, and I've never had something that was bad:
Sheetz Prices in Harrisburg, PA 17111
I haven't been in a Sheetz in five tears, but I remember having a terrific pretzel bread (roll?) grilled ham and cheese sandwich.

They seem to have pretty much all of the same types of frozen, refrigerated, and packaged foods. I don't see a big difference.

Last edited by Gerania; 11-21-2018 at 07:18 PM..

Old 11-21-2018, 07:10 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,090,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Now, if you don't appreciate Wawa, move to a place with none.
Wow, so let me get this straight. Because I have a few gripes about Wawa and start a thread about them, you suggest I leave the area? Seems a little outlandish, don’t you think?

Almost everyone in this thread agrees that the pretzels are bad and the hoagies are subpar. I won’t worship Wawa just because it’s locally owned because I think there’s a few things they could do better.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Which?
Woodstown. I should have been able to figure that out.

I'm not from there, so I'll take a pass if you're willing to give one to me. I'm from Pennsylvania. I've aged out of nearly half of my life and half of my life in that state. I think I'm down to about 47%, but I'm not going to do the math.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:

I'm not from there, so I'll take a pass if you're willing to give one to me. I'm from Pennsylvania. I've aged out of nearly half of my life and half of my life in that state. I think I'm down to about 47%, but I'm not going to do the math.
Oh, you don't need a pass. I once heard that Woodstown was named after that family. I was asking MarketStEl if that was true. If it's not genealogy, he has far more sources than I have.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:08 PM

14,147 posts, read 9,038,713 times
Quote:

Quote:
Oh, you don't need a pass. I once heard that Woodstown was named after that family. I was asking MarketStEl if that was true. If it's not genealogy, he has far more sources than I have.
Since I don't know the Wood family genealogy, I can't say whether it is or isn't. But if there's a Jackanias Wood (or Jaconius Wood) in their family tree, then it is, for that's the Wood who Woodstown was named for when it was created out of Pilesgrove Township in 1882.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Since I don't know the Wood family genealogy, I can't say whether it is or isn't. But if there's a Jackanias Wood (or Jaconius Wood) in their family tree, then it is, for that's the Wood who Woodstown was named for when it was created out of Pilesgrove Township in 1882.
Thanks! I'll do some checking & report back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia