U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2020, 09:20 AM

7,327 posts, read 8,413,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Calendar View Post
... and at the end of the day, the people who are living good are still going to be happy and the miserable people are still going to be unhappy.

I'm glad I'm living good.
Good. I’m living even better than I was. Why? My city has chosen to (finally) remove memorials to a man who made deliberate efforts to degrade and discriminate against people of color and its lgbtq citizens. Delightful to wake up on this beautiful morning where reminders of hate have been washed clean.

We still have a handful of posters who either still don’t get it, or worse, condone it, when it comes to Rizzo’s racist and homophobic pratctices. Fortunately, it’s a small circle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 10:45 AM

106 posts, read 17,287 times
It's funny that hypocritical Jim Kenney worked to get the Rizzo statue erected and placed on Municipal Plaza in the early '90s.

Certainly wasn't any mass protests, rioting, and looting when the statue went up 30 years ago.

In 2020, it's white anarchists and other assorted radicals determined to get rid of it. The white privileged crowd around the statue last weekend sure was worked up.

Too bad ole Frank didn't get toppled onto a couple-few of those white kids last weekend; it's a 2000 pound statue and would have been a fitting exit to Frank's municipal plaza being toppled onto and taking out a couple white kids from the Main Line no doubt.

Casualties of the Revolution!

Old 06-07-2020, 11:09 AM

95 posts, read 10,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Good. I’m living even better than I was. Why? My city has chosen to (finally) remove memorials to a man who made deliberate efforts to degrade and discriminate against people of color and its lgbtq citizens. Delightful to wake up on this beautiful morning where reminders of hate have been washed clean.

I love knowing that you woke up every day for decades full of hate for a statue and a mural (two things that never mattered to me, and still don't).

What are you hating on now? Isn't there a Viking statue or something that's driving you nuts?

Last edited by Mr. Calendar; 06-07-2020 at 11:20 AM..

Old 06-07-2020, 11:51 AM

7,327 posts, read 8,413,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNQ20 View Post
It's funny that hypocritical Jim Kenney worked to get the Rizzo statue erected and placed on Municipal Plaza in the early '90s.

Certainly wasn't any mass protests, rioting, and looting when the statue went up 30 years ago.
Some things look different in the rear view mirror of history. We have members of all three branches of government who used to be members of the KKK. What was taken as a matter of course back in the day is seen (rightfully so) as abhorrent today.

And so it goes.

Done with trolls for this thread. Statue gone. Mural gone. You and your buds can either like it or lump it. Cheers!

Old 06-07-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Some things look different in the rear view mirror of history. We have members of all three branches of government who used to be members of the KKK. What was taken as a matter of course back in the day is seen (rightfully so) as abhorrent today.

And so it goes.

Done with trolls for this thread. Statue gone. Mural gone. You and your buds can either like it or lump it. Cheers!
Well after your misplaced emotional knee-jerk response to my response to post a using a quote from '60s MLK, not surprised here either.

Nice try with the rear view mirror of history. Rizzo is just as much a racist today as he was then, including when Jim Kenney worked to have his 2000 pound statue erected.

Jim Kenney promoted a huge racist. Hmm, why no problem with this?

I, like the black community, don't care whether there's a Frank Rizzo statue or mural or not

Time to get to work on the former KKK members legislation, court cases, and other assorted KKK inspired post-clean up.

But first, please move to oust Jim Kenney from City Hall for promoting a racist and his statue. If Kenney promoted a huge racist, at minimum, Jim Kenney is just a plain ole racist. Please cancel him from Philly City Hall.

Last edited by LNQ20; 06-07-2020 at 01:58 PM..

Old 06-07-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I love knowing that you woke up every day for decades full of hate for a statue and a mural (two things that never mattered to me, and still don't).

What are you hating on now? Isn't there a Viking statue or something that's driving you nuts?
White Social Justice Warriors are hilarious. The egocentric virtue signaling that they know what black folks need is so patronizing. Can't wait for the mob to go after Jim Kenney next...he after all promoted and work for erecting the statue..lol.

Last edited by LNQ20; 06-07-2020 at 02:00 PM..

Old 06-07-2020, 01:14 PM

95 posts, read 10,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNQ20 View Post
White Social Justice Warriors are hilarious. Can't wait for the mob to go after Jim Kenney next...he after all promoted and work for erecting the statue..lol.
Progressives get a pass, they're allowed to have a change of heart.

Old 06-07-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Kenney's a faux progressive though, more like a prisoner of virtue signaling and identity politics as well as being Meek Mill and Jay Z's poodle.

Not so sure if even Kenney's faux progressivism will last either. Maybe you have to be dead like Kate Smith to be removed from history. Let's hope the mob comes for Jim Kenney anyway.

Living under mob rule can be quite tricky and mob is always fickle and on the hunt for more and more self-righteous take-outs (it gives woke white folks something to do and feeds their narcissistic virtue signaling). That's why this is largely a white event, at least the street marches that it is.

The looting is just another opportunity, could have easily been a 76ers Championship win like '90s Chicago Bulls wins.

The whole French Revolution or 1968 comparison is so ridiculous.

Last edited by LNQ20; 06-07-2020 at 01:48 PM..

Old 06-07-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Wonder as well how Kenney will deal with the pressure about this ridiculous idea of defunding the police?

NYC mayor DuhBlasio just announced diverting some police funding to community groups.

Philly already funded ($1-2 million) a racist program for community groups to route black males 16-34 from violent crime. Gotta wonder how a paid community organizer/activist would even do this and how the long the paychecks from these various groups will clear. Right, some community organizer is going to intervene in a 32 year old man's life to steer him from crime? Who makes this stuff up and rationalizes it, then gets paid for it?

Anyway, let's hope Kenney goes on the griddle for at least reducing police funding. The longer he dallies about it, the odds of his racist past will percolate to the top.

Btw, Kenney hasn't mentioned his quite active pro Frank Rizzo past...lol.

Old 06-07-2020, 01:57 PM

12,976 posts, read 3,743,913 times
why is Philly still allowing Ben Franklin to be the centerpiece of the city? Ben owned a couple slaves. There's the Franklin Bridge and Benjamin Franklin Parkway, three statues of Ben in the city, a museum, the Franklin Institute, etc etc...

it all needs to go..Hopefully when we get Biden in office these changes will be made. Trump seems unlikely to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia