Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 01:06 PM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times

Advertisements

I have been noticing this all along.

Mostly white crowds.
fwiw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 01:33 PM

95 posts, read 25,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post

Mostly white crowds.
fwiw
"Give me my free medical and pay off my student loans!"

Old 06-06-2020, 08:34 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
Word on the street is that there was another protest led by mostly Black protesters in the vicinity of Broad and Montgomery.

How refreshing it is, however to see a large number of White people show up at a pro-Black rally as they did downtown and even some suburbs today?

Old 06-06-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingZen View Post
How refreshing it is, however to see a large number of White people show up at a pro-Black rally as they did downtown and even some suburbs today?

Yeah, good luck with that lot ... they still have you in chains. Their agenda includes using people of color.
There's a bunch of them on this sub-forum.

Old 06-07-2020, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Calendar View Post
Yeah, good luck with that lot ... they still have you in chains. Their agenda includes using people of color.
I’ll concede that of the usual binary choices for people of color, one party tends to under-deliver while the other largely uses them as a whipping post. Philadelphia is a prime example of that.

One might be tempted to look at heretofore low unemployment numbers to make a case but, when showm that accomplishment was achieved over two Administration - primarily the previous one, the conversation usually shifts or even stops.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:47 AM

1,782 posts, read 1,551,299 times
I have attended the protests at Center city and the outrage against police brutality with the constant murdering of unarmed citizens cuts across the racial divide.

How can anyone not be angered by the blatant murder of George Floyd? This is not just a racial issue and the Rizzo statue is a reminder of the terrorist police who have no regard for the lives of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post

Mostly white crowds.
fwiw

Old 06-07-2020, 07:55 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,250,389 times
The mural is gone: https://6abc.com/community-events/fr...lphia/6235798/

Old 06-07-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
... and at the end of the day, the people who are living good are still going to be happy and the miserable people are still going to be unhappy.

I'm glad I'm living good.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:09 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Calendar View Post
Yes, but the point is to Virtue Signal so it makes them FEEL better. Philadelphia city leadership is corrupt, playing to and reinforcing the false propaganda purely to further keep people oppressed controlled and dependent. The Rizzo statue and mural are just symptoms of their faux outrage.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, but the point is to Virtue Signal so it makes them FEEL better. Philadelphia city leadership is corrupt, playing to and reinforcing the false propaganda purely to further keep people oppressed controlled and dependent. The Rizzo statue and mural are just symptoms of their faux outrage.
Notwithstanding the opinion - most often from Black and LGBTQ Philadelphians - that the Rizzo statue and mural should have never gone up, their removal will indeed make people feel better.

While your point about the Democratic machine that is city leadership may have merit, the alternative presents its own challenges, many of which would be to the detriment of those who were most against the Rizzo memorials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia