U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 09:47 AM

4,091 posts, read 2,108,205 times

Advertisements

Best Hospitals List for 2019. Listed by State. I was Surprised NYC had only 2 and as a State a short list. Chicago did well for many in the Metro and in the Top 50. Just most were Suburban ones there.

The totals are for Top 250 Hospitals Nationwide. Top 50 total .... lowers the List to 3 for Philly as still high for one city.

https://www.healthgrades.com/quality...itals-for-2019

PA had a large list with most in Philly. Can be see as Boasting Rights for Philly's Medical Fields. Just though a good positive thread for Philly.

Saw the link in the Pittsburgh forum and they were unhappy Pittsburgh had none on the List.

There's the other listings too.....

https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/pa

Pittsburgh got a Hospital on this one.

Last edited by DavePa; 02-19-2019 at 10:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 10:09 AM

2,194 posts, read 6,900,905 times
While I was glad to see Jefferson on the list, I can't believe HUP isn't there.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:10 AM

11,945 posts, read 10,983,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post

Same--I use UPenn and surprised to not see it listed.

Old 02-19-2019, 12:17 PM

10,650 posts, read 6,236,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Best Hospitals List for 2019. Listed by State. I was Surprised NYC had only 2 and as a State a short list. Chicago did well for many in the Metro and in the Top 50. Just most were Suburban ones there.

The totals are for Top 250 Hospitals Nationwide. Top 50 total .... lowers the List to 3 for Philly as still high for one city.

https://www.healthgrades.com/quality...itals-for-2019

PA had a large list with most in Philly. Can be see as Boasting Rights for Philly's Medical Fields. Just though a good positive thread for Philly.

Saw the link in the Pittsburgh forum and they were unhappy Pittsburgh had none on the List.

There's the other listings too.....

https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/pa

Pittsburgh got a Hospital on this one.
There are five medical schools and one, mostly, pharmacy school in Phila. so it should be no surprise to anyone.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:00 PM

108 posts, read 70,314 times
No offense but the list is not credible without HUP on there.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphilly View Post
No offense but the list is not credible without HUP on there.
If you mean - Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian? It made #1 on that second separate link on in PA Best Hospitals, by US News rankings. But the first link has many more as Best for Philly in PA's list of Best. 8 as a huge amount in a city-proper. Even mighty NYC only got 3 in the city making that links list.The second separate links list has 3 for Philly. But might be top 50-100 and not a Top 250-list.

Hershey Medical made both last closer to me. But mighty Geisinger Medical nearer a Big hispital for a mire small city and rural region.... did not they and Hershey tried to merge a few years ago. Not very friendly in that it failed easily in both are just different in operations and more.

Geisinger got so big in this region. They bought or run must of the small city hospitals in a wide county area today. But it saved many smaller hospitals. My hometown hospital. They fully remodeled in the takeover.

Last edited by DavePa; 02-19-2019 at 03:31 PM..

Old 02-19-2019, 05:39 PM

632 posts, read 476,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
They’ve lumped HUP and Presbyterian into a single entity as “The Hospitals of the Univerisity of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian”. They’ve just done a very poor job of making that clear to readers because it should be “Hospital” not “Hospitals”. Besides it’s at odds with Penn as they designate HUP and Presbyterian as separate entities not as conjoined in all of their marketing which is no doubt confusing people. Of course this is US News so I don’t expect anything better from them.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:54 PM

Guess posting a positive link for Philly still isn't what I thought. I should've forghotaboutit and leave crime and misconceptions threads rule. Two links too denied.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:12 PM

632 posts, read 476,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Guess posting a positive link for Philly still isn't what I thought. I should've forghotaboutit and leave crime and misconceptions threads rule. Two links too denied.
Or you could choose not take criticism of US News’ sloppiness as a personal criticism.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR Valentine View Post
Or you could choose not take criticism of US News’ sloppiness as a personal criticism.
So you accept the first link without the Hospital you noted? I merely added the second one also floating in the Pittsburgh forum and it has your Hospital at least in this combo you don't like.... but there no?

So both are trash. Good to know only one Hospital counts for you in Philly singled out I take it. I merely asked isn't that second link with the Hospital you wanted. Basically it. I thought you might have missed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or