U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:14 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,393,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyce65 View Post
If I remember correctly, he/she lives in the nicer part of Chester County. Only comes to the nicer parts of Philly to visit. Where do you live in south philly that it's a ghetto? My grandmother lived at 4th & dickinson. I still have some family that lives near there (the ones that didn't move off to S. Jersey).
I had said that with some sarcasm,but compared to the 'nicer areas' my area does seem like a ghetto,white trash at least. I live around the '2nd streeters' area and Moyamensing,not far from Snyder Av.and all that junk now seeming to move towards this area. All I know is that in the 3 years I've lived here I've had vandalism on my vehicle,graffiti,not to mention the druggies and drunks all up and down my street. So coming from the Princeton area of NJ where stuff like that is virtually unheard of,to me it's ghetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 11:04 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,338,217 times
Default Understood

I'm watching my neighborhood change also (roxborough) and it's not for the better.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:09 AM

I don't know what the deal is with Roxborough but as I've been looking in the different neighborhoods for a place to move again I've been hearing about so many things that are supposedly changing. Kensington and Fishtown are now considered more 'up and coming' and are supposed to change for the better(we'll see about that),and places like Mayfair went from decent to worse.
So I wonder who's gonna push who out of where and where are they gonna start heading?

Old 12-19-2006, 11:20 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,338,217 times
I know alot of white trash that's being pushed out of alot of these neighborhoods (incl. Manayunk and Germantown) and the tenants from the projects near East Falls that were torn down are making their way here. Housing and rents are still reasonable in this area for them. And, as I explained to rainrock in an earlier post, I'd love to move but the city has picked my pocket clean. Unless he, or someone else, would like to front me the money. Otherwise, I'm like you and "stuck".

Old 12-19-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyce65 View Post
I'd love to move but the city has picked my pocket clean. Unless he, or someone else, would like to front me the money. Otherwise, I'm like you and "stuck".
Exactly. (I don't know why these things require a 20 word minimum)

Old 12-19-2006, 12:31 PM

3,042 posts, read 8,202,159 times
KDM, i have mentioned it before-19118 Chestnut Hill is the safest zip code area in the city of Philadelphia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia