U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 02:57 PM

10 posts, read 23,589 times

Advertisements

It seems like the average person in Philly isn't enjoying life as much as people in other cities. I travel for a living, so I go to a lot of other cities. It seems like small, everyday interactions between people seem to be very tense Philly. This city has so much potential! Philly should use the model that NYC used to make it a nicer place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 03:28 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,393,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbysz33 View Post
It seems like the average person in Philly isn't enjoying life as much as people in other cities. I travel for a living, so I go to a lot of other cities. It seems like small, everyday interactions between people seem to be very tense Philly.
Hells yea! Sometimes it takes an outsider to point these things out,of course in Philly they take offense to everything. Could it be because there's truth to these things? I think so.
But I deal with that every day. I'm an 'implant' in Philly and history or not this place pales in comparison to even most of the country as far as attitude. Sure they got 'an attitude' but a bad one and that reflects on alot of things. I grew up in NJ and yea they got a attitude,but not a bad one necessarily. Since I have been here I have noticed my attitude becoming more negative as well,I tend to pick up on energies quickly.
I call this 'anger city' and yes you can cut the tension with a knife. People seem so on edge and ready to spring it's unreal.
I consider Philly like the bastard child of the country,it screams and cries but all it illicits is negative attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or