Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 01:55 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,309,793 times

Advertisements

I went last night for the first time. Definitely slightly larger with wider aisles than the Market St. store. Which is nice. But not significantly larger than the 22/Market location by any means. I do like how the entrance faces the street. Makes the street more vibrant. I severely dislike how the Market St. entrance is in the back of the building.

I went after work (530PM) and it definitely was busy. They have the same register system as the 22nd/market location, which handles more capacity so it did not seem over crowded and lines were not long, but it definitely was busy. Multiple people in front of display cases and needing to wait for them to move etc.

The location is still a bit odd to me, as it really is not a 'neighborhood' market given its location adjacent to the convention center/reading terminal and too far north for Wash West crowd, too far east for Rittenhouse and too far south for Callowhill etc.

But it definitely caters well to the Center City office crowd, and those who want to access the store via transit, given its location close to the Broad St. line/Trolleys/El etc.

I walked to this location (as I am sure 75% of the patrons at this location will do), parking is validated. I am not sure if lower floors of the garage are reserved for Trader's Joes. As I know this is a very large garage. Last time I parked in this garage I had to drive 6/7 floors up to find a spot which would not be convenient for simply stopping in to grab a few items.

I still think a location more East/South/North would of been more fitting. But hey I dont make the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 05:44 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,744,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
I went last night for the first time. Definitely slightly larger with wider aisles than the Market St. store. Which is nice. But not significantly larger than the 22/Market location by any means. I do like how the entrance faces the street. Makes the street more vibrant. I severely dislike how the Market St. entrance is in the back of the building.

I went after work (530PM) and it definitely was busy. They have the same register system as the 22nd/market location, which handles more capacity so it did not seem over crowded and lines were not long, but it definitely was busy. Multiple people in front of display cases and needing to wait for them to move etc.

The location is still a bit odd to me, as it really is not a 'neighborhood' market given its location adjacent to the convention center/reading terminal and too far north for Wash West crowd, too far east for Rittenhouse and too far south for Callowhill etc.

But it definitely caters well to the Center City office crowd, and those who want to access the store via transit, given its location close to the Broad St. line/Trolleys/El etc.

I walked to this location (as I am sure 75% of the patrons at this location will do), parking is validated. I am not sure if lower floors of the garage are reserved for Trader's Joes. As I know this is a very large garage. Last time I parked in this garage I had to drive 6/7 floors up to find a spot which would not be convenient for simply stopping in to grab a few items.

I still think a location more East/South/North would of been more fitting. But hey I dont make the rules.
Now I know to go right when I come out so I can walk toward the 13th trolley stop. Last week I went left and ended up on Broad and Arch lol

Old 11-22-2019, 09:51 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,584,962 times
I haven't gone yet, but I'm glad the parking lot is in the front. I Uber, and it's always confusing to have to message my driver to let them know exactly where I am standing.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
I haven't gone yet, but I'm glad the parking lot is in the front. I Uber, and it's always confusing to have to message my driver to let them know exactly where I am standing.
Parking lot? I didnt notice a parking lot. If you uber from 22nd and market trader joes all drivers go to the back of the store in the parking lot

Old 11-23-2019, 02:49 AM

10,608 posts, read 12,113,548 times
The 22nd Street Store: the store's surface parking lot is in the front of the store, but the store itself is on the back of its Market Street address. Once you get back there you see how it is and how to find it. But knowing to go to the back was what I first confused the heck out of me.

Call me crazy but when I see an address, I expect the store or house or whatever....to be you know, on the front of the street, not got in the back alley.

Patrons of the Arch Street street store can park in the garage next door.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:53 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,584,962 times
The problem is the Uber app gives the location on Market Street, which is actually the back of the store and unless messaged, the driver doesn't know the actual front of the store (where the parking lot is) is behind Market Street.

Old 11-24-2019, 01:53 AM

10,608 posts, read 12,113,548 times
^^ Exactly!

From what I remember.....I think I just saw plenty of people carrying their TJ's bags, so it must have been there somewhere....so I asked where the heck is the store?

And they said to go around back and pointed around the 22nd street corner. And that's how I found it.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
The problem is the Uber app gives the location on Market Street, which is actually the back of the store and unless messaged, the driver doesn't know the actual front of the store (where the parking lot is) is behind Market Street.
It didnt give me that location when I stood in the back of the store. That's how the drivers were able to find me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia