U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM

619 posts, read 435,224 times

Advertisements

My daughter who goes to Temple is thinking about renting in 1324 Locust St. (Arts Condo). As I remember, this building was the first and last mini condo building built during the mini home boom about 7-8 years back. Question to the group - has anyone lived there or had experience with this place? Also, I'm seeing a lot of rent fluctuation for similar studio apartments. Any input? Thanks much.

Last edited by Pennsport; Yesterday at 11:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

1,292 posts, read 750,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
My daughter who goes to Temple is thinking about renting in 1324 Locust St. (Arts Condo). As I remember, this building was the first and last mini condo building built during the mini home boom about 7-8 years back. Question to the group - has anyone lived there or had experience with this place? Also, I'm seeing a lot of rent fluctuation for similar studio apartments. Any input? Thanks much.
I had a friend who lived there and it was an absolute nightmare. The management company was unresponsive, and there were a lot of problems with rodents/insects. A quick Google search showed a lot of bad reviews for this building. If it's cheap in Center City, it's cheap for a reason.

Old Today, 06:55 AM

10,158 posts, read 5,828,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
I had a friend who lived there and it was an absolute nightmare. The management company was unresponsive, and there were a lot of problems with rodents/insects. A quick Google search showed a lot of bad reviews for this building. If it's cheap in Center City, it's cheap for a reason.
I can tell you from personal experience that management companies( they will hire incompetent property managers!) absolutely suck in the area. Part of it is because PA does not have laws to keep these 'businesses" in line. NJ is better in that regard.

If they can't control vermin infestation what other stuff are they neglecting in that place?

Old Today, 08:14 AM

399 posts, read 150,719 times
I haven't been in that building since it was converted to condos but if the price is right, some management concerns wouldn't dissuade me. The location is awesome (tons of amenities with a couple block radius) and it's a quarter block to the subway to Temple.

(Remember, we are talking about a college student here.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or