Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2020, 02:51 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,756,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
it was recommended not mandatory unless you are entering an essential business
You are deliberately missing the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
what's annoying the hell out of me is everyone so happy to be abnormal
No one is happy about it!!!

Old 04-26-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
Ok, well then, you'll probably get coronavirus and have an excruciatingly painful death. I've seen people die from this in real time. Any idea how your body reacts when your lungs are compromised to the point that you can't oxygenate yourself? Regardless, hopefully you cash out quickly and don't cost tax payers a ton of money because you're an idiot who can't cover his mouth.
One of my first cousins had covid and is still recovering. It's a brutal illness for those who have developed a severe case. She did not have to be hospitalized thank goodness. Her son is the emergency room nurse I have mentioned who works at Einstein. He has a 9 month old and is still kind of a newlywed. The ritual he must go through once he is home is really involved. Plus, I'm pretty sure he is self-isolating at home.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:17 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty211 View Post
Is there any way to report people not practicing social distancing? My downstairs neighbor in my apartment complex (with whom I share a common "outer" door) is having a couple of people over each Sunday, and her boyfriend pops in a couple times throughout the week as well. I can hear them and see them leaving each time.

I'm an essential worker and have to interact with people during the week, so this is concerning as I'm trying to do my part. I've googled around and found no helpful info, although I know it's probably a difficult gray area to enforce anyway.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

P.S.: I live in Bucks County, not in Philly proper, just in case that makes a difference in who to contact.
So, umm is this a joke or are you serious? Really can not control what one does in their own residence, at least when it comes to them having people over.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:20 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
My issue is people not treating it like a temporary inconvenience but instead turning it into a new type of fashion and coordinating their outfit with it
Not a big deal. If you go on a site like etsy where they sell home made masks, there are all different types of designs available.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
You do realize the VAST majority of folks who get the virus end up either asymptomatic or with very mild symptoms.

I do hate that people are seriously having meltdown and are living in abject fear.
I do wear a mask but refuse to quarantine myself.
I'm not wiping down my mail and cannot wait for this to end.
Luckily I'm back to work next Monday
Without out all kinds of testing we literally have no idea who is asymptomatic or who actually had "mild symptoms" with the latter indicating they may have a level of immunity. We need antibody testing. Period.

The end point in some way will not happen without a lot more testing. A vaccine is probably a long way off. Hopefully there will be better treatment before hand.

I hope going back to work will be safe for you.

I'm not living in abject fear. But at the same time I will take precautions I view as keeping myself safe and others safe.

Btw, asymptomatics are spreaders. How do you think this spread so quickly?

Old 04-26-2020, 04:02 PM

386 posts, read 266,377 times
The only reason I’m taking any precautions is because I don’t want to get other people sick. I just am not a risk-averse person and am not really that concerned about getting the virus because I’m not in a high-risk group. Call me naive or stupid but if I knew that it was only a risk to myself and not to others, I’d be out and about tomorrow living life normally. It’s just not worth it to me to live life in isolation for the foreseeable future on the 1% chance I’d get a serious case of the virus. That being said, because I can affect others and recognize that others could be affected by my actions, I am following all the protocols and never go outside without a mask and think it’s incredibly selfish for people to not follow the rules.

Old 04-26-2020, 04:13 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,748,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
There is NO normal right now. And there may not be for a long time.
So I guess mask shopping so I can pick out some to match my shoes

Old 04-26-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
No one is happy about it!!!
if your mask is matching your shoes you have accepted the new normal

Old 04-26-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Not a big deal. If you go on a site like etsy where they sell home made masks, there are all different types of designs available.
a mask dont need a design
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia