Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 12:36 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times

Advertisements

So just about everything is shutting down slowly but surely. My job has shut down for the rest of the month so I'll be home. lol still haven't gotten to the grocery store. I'm in PT after a knee replacement and PT is considered an essential operation so still going to that.

Stay well guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 12:55 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,916 times
I am so lucky to be able to work remotely through something like this. I feel bad for all the service workers and business people who could lose their jobs.

My family has been taking it easy. We cook/bake most meals from home and have a huge pantry so we're comfortable and operating mostly normal. Go out for walks, relax, kids nap, watch movies. Talking to neighbors and keeping calm/reasonable.

Good luck on your knee rehab. Good luck to everyone!

Old 03-16-2020, 02:26 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,451,831 times
I agree with really feeling for those in the service and medical industries, as well as the many people who can’t stay home. I hope companies with employees that can’t work remotely have a plan for anyone 60+ to receive paid time off until this is settled.

Right now I’m fine with social distancing, I’m just worried about how sustainable this is long-term. I went to the Wegmans in KoP this morning, and although I dodged the crowds, the store was well cleared of many essentials.

Old 03-16-2020, 02:45 PM

1,697 posts, read 972,355 times
I'm working remotely as well.

Went for booze yesterday.

I'm a total hypochondraic though so I'm convinced I have it. No symptoms of course.

Old 03-16-2020, 03:11 PM

1,525 posts, read 1,184,063 times
Working remotely for the foreseeable future. We have food (human and canine) for now and since it's really only Day 1, no one is going stir-crazy yet. But that's what the elliptical and walks outside (alone, of course, lol) are for. Having a dog is helpful, because it forces you to go outside.

Old 03-16-2020, 03:47 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times
I 'm sure many of you know I'm retired so no work worries. I'm in the over 60 age group who needs to be extra vigilant. I'm fine so far.

Old 03-16-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
I am so lucky to be able to work remotely through something like this. I feel bad for all the service workers and business people who could lose their jobs.

My family has been taking it easy. We cook/bake most meals from home and have a huge pantry so we're comfortable and operating mostly normal. Go out for walks, relax, kids nap, watch movies. Talking to neighbors and keeping calm/reasonable.

Good luck on your knee rehab. Good luck to everyone!
In NYC , a restauranteur who has 4 restaurants , said today that there will probably be 1 million service people laid off there.

Old 03-16-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
I'm working remotely as well.

Went for booze yesterday.

I'm a total hypochondraic though so I'm convinced I have it. No symptoms of course.
Gov. Wolf mentioned he wanted to close liquor stores.

Old 03-16-2020, 04:21 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,259,737 times
Fine here. Retired so work is not an issue. Picked up lots of food from RTM on Thursday, most of which has gone in the freezer. Checked in on elderly parents in Delaware this weekend and have concerns, but what are you gonna do? Made another grocery run on the way home plus purchased a stockpile of wine. Coming back this afternoon, I saw a line outside a state liquor store, so that may have been a good decision.

Hope all stay safe and hope it doesn’t hit anyone’s pocketbook. Really feel bad for hourly and part time workers, particularly bar and restaurant staff who are at great financial risk. I hope our government can help. That’s what it’s there for.

Old 03-16-2020, 06:19 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
So far, the few errands I needed to do anyway I'm still going to do.
My office job interfaces with the public. That's been stopped for the foreseeable future. But we are still in the office....I'm glad we'll be able to catch up on some backlogs.

No one I know personally is all that concerned about it.
I may stop watching the news. I'm on the verge of being OD'd on it all.
I'm just saddened that it's inconveniencing a lot of people, and could cost them their businesses and livelihoods.

I'll save other comments for more conspiracy theory type threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia