Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 12:35 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,115,646 times

Advertisements

Non-sequitur, much?

I think I'll go out and idle my car!
Thanks for helping me think of that.

P.S. Oh, and when I make copies, I only print on one side of the paper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2020, 12:57 PM

1,213 posts, read 953,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Non-sequitur, much?

I think I'll go out and idle my car!
Thanks for helping me think of that.

P.S. Oh, and when I make copies, I only print on one side of the paper.
Again, you must be extremely proud of yourself. Really stupid comments. Please try your best to become a big boy soon.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:13 PM

It's good you care so much about the environment.
But the name calling isn't necessary.

Also, I think it's a fairly accepted notion that explaining the benefits of a given position, is more likely to result in success and perhaps persuading another person to see the merits of a given point of view.

But, alas it doesn't seem that you're interested in intelligent conversation, or an exchange of ideas.
So you have a good day.

And grow up, why don't ya?
But, on second thought you have every right as a free individual to stay as immature as you have come across here.

I would suggest that perhaps you need to get out and mingle. But then that might make me seem as immature as you have presented yourself.
So you just have a nice day.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
It's good you care so much about the environment.
But the name calling isn't necessary.

Also, I think it's a fairly accepted notion that explaining the benefits of a given position, is more likely to result in success and perhaps persuading another person to see the merits of a given point of view.

But, alas it doesn't seem that you're interested in intelligent conversation, or an exchange of ideas.
So you have a good day.

And grow up, why don't ya?
But, on second thought you have every right as a free individual to stay as immature as you have come across here.

I would suggest that perhaps you need to get out and mingle. But then that might make me seem as immature as you have presented yourself.
So you just have a nice day.
Just please become a big boy as soon as you're able. That's all society and I ask. Have a nice day.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:54 PM

89 posts, read 34,911 times
Quote:
Name-calling....that's mature....especially coming from a person who challenges someone else to grow up.

And if a person never puts anything in the bag that has his or her address on it? And, of course once the bag is in the truck and burst bags mingle everyone's trash....a person might be inclined to take that chance.
And, if that same person can afford the fine....then what?

I think our sanitation workers have bigger issues than noticing who's NOT really recycling.
If the city is going to randomly check trash bags.....well, I'd think officials have bigger issues than that...at all times -- and especially now.

You do know recycling pick up is eventually supposed to go back to every week, right?
Your reaction to someone just saying they may not recycle for a month seems quite out of proportion.
IMO.
The trashmen do not care. I've watched them throw bags of regular trash and 'contaminated' pizza boxes in with the recyclables like it's nothing.
There ARE workers who go around checking trash for recyclables and leaving you a ticket. My parents got one years ago for having an aluminum can in with the trash, but my dad went to City Hall and had it wiped out.
I might start recycling again someday, but for now it's all just trash to me.

Old 04-05-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I might start recycling again someday, but for now it's all just trash to me.
Don't say that. I don't know if Pennsport will be able to take it.
S/he seems too close to the edge already.

I actually DO up-cycle, recycle...reuse, and repurpose.
As long as recycle is every other week, I'm just not going to deal with remembering which week is which -- especially for the relatively short term. I've got other things on my mind right now.

IF every other week were to ever become permanent, that's when I'll re-visit the issue.

Also your parents, they got caught by an absolutely random bag check? Completely out of the blue? Wrong bag, wrong house, wrong day? Or was that area of the city not up to the desired percentage of recyclables? Was that area known for some reason as having lower recycle participation rate?

Looks like I'll have to let my city council person know I don't want my tax dollars paying for people to check trash bags.

Old 04-05-2020, 04:20 PM

89 posts, read 34,911 times
Quote:

As long as recycle is every other week, I'm just not going to deal with remembering which week is which -- especially for the relatively short term. I've got other things on my mind right now.

IF every other week were to ever become permanent, that's when I'll re-visit the issue.

Also your parents, they got caught by an absolutely random bag check? Completely out of the blue? Wrong bag, wrong house, wrong day? Or was that area of the city not up to the desired percentage of recyclables? Was that area known for some reason as having lower recycle participation rate?

Looks like I'll have to let my city council person know I don't want my tax dollars paying for people to check trash bags.
Completely random. The people around here are good about recycling.
I saw trash being checked in Queen Village one early evening a few years back, too.
I'm assuming this is still a thing.

Old 04-05-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:

I'm a "he," and a non-infant. I can't believe you're actually going to deal with remembering which week is which. That's amazing. Way to go. I think you're almost a big boy.

Oh wait, I misread that. You stated that you're too stupid to remember which week is which. My bad. Maybe purchase a pen and a piece of paper, or just look out your door and see what your neighbors are doing? That might be pretty complex for you. Actually, just be confused and try your best. FYI, tomorrow is APRIL 6, 2020 (the last four numbers refer to the year). Good luck in life bud.

Last edited by Pennsport; 04-05-2020 at 07:56 PM..

Old 04-05-2020, 08:21 PM

Why are you so agitated about a recycling topic?

Old 04-06-2020, 06:33 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,869,979 times
Looks like people are getting a bit crazy being inside.

The recycling guys came two days late this week and I thought they were not coming until the following week. I'm not sure what to expect. Maybe they'll come again in 12 days or maybe it will be this coming Friday. Who knows.

It is disappointing that Philly's recycling program has a pretty poor past. It makes you not trust that things are being done properly even now. Regardless, trash in the streets is more of a concern to me. Waste water and trash is a huge problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: