Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 02:00 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,769,526 times

Advertisements

I noticed she has been missing too and was wondering is she still in philadelphia lol

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/pol...ggR_1MBTGSavaw

Old 05-02-2020, 02:41 PM

409 posts, read 372,607 times
Meanwhile, 6ABC is running a story about how a store in Rittenhouse Square is routinely being burglarized:
'It's a lawless city': Philadelphia merchants alarmed by mobs of people shoplifting

Quote:
"I think broadcasting no arrests for retail theft was the biggest mistake the city ever made," said store owner Sukhvir Thinb.
The pandemic is obviously an extenuating circumstance, but this reaffirms the beliefs of anyone who was skeptical of her "west coast policing mindset" coming in.

Old 05-02-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmcpsu View Post
Meanwhile, 6ABC is running stories about how a store in Rittenhouse Square is routinely being burglarized:
'It's a lawless city': Philadelphia merchants alarmed by mobs of people shoplifting

The pandemic is obviously an extenuating circumstance, but this reaffirms the beliefs of anyone who was skeptical of her "west coast policing mindset" coming in.

she was only hired just so they can say she was the first woman to be police commissioner.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:26 PM

100 posts, read 42,505 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, 6ABC is running a story about how a store in Rittenhouse Square is routinely being burglarized:

This is plain old robbery not burglary.

This is also not a new thing in Philly either; think flash mobs the past several years and that Walgreens last year over by South/22nd are thereabouts. That Walgreens video was a lot worse than this takeout at 7/11. It may be new for these store owners over in the 22/Market area but closer into CC this has been an issue for years.

I've seen refrigerator-cooler cleanouts at CC WaWa. I've seen it pre-covid lockdown as well though; the offenders didn't seem to care as they had Larry Krasner in office who basically said the DA's office isn't interested in prosecuting many crimes, including shoplifting.

Now we have Commissioner Casper who prior to her ghosting us, as her first duty in office, changed the nail polish color policy, then announced joing the DA's office-stye ''police not enforcing the law" policy as covid moved in then, and last I saw her, she was doing a mask demo on skype over a month ago.

On the other hand, Philly's gun violence and homicide rate is at least 20% higher than a year ago. So, we have cops not enforcing most laws (also known as not doing much) and not spending their time moving in on the gun violence and homicide count.

It's really embarrassing for a city like Philly to maintain a rapidly rising homicide and gun violence rate during a world wide pandemic lockdown. I mean not even a slight slowdown, it's accelerating to levels not seen since at least 2007. All the while the police dept has seen the fewest amount of ''other'' crime it will ever see.

Something is wrong here but more like something is wrong as usual.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:

As for your 2nd point, the problem is we don't even know what her west coast policing mindset is as she's done -0- (as in zero) ''policing'' in Philly.

Then again, you may be right that we are seeing her west coast policing mindset which is -0- (as in zero) ''policing'' at all.

So far, we've seen new nail polish color policy (so she herself could wear her fav color), btw this was the very first thing Casper did as Police Commissioner, then she announces police not enforcing laws during lockdown, then she...ghosts us.

Kind of like the which came first chicken'n egg dilemma: ''no policing'' 'n ''west coast policing mindset''? Great minds will ponder this one.

Last edited by Kent70; 05-02-2020 at 06:52 PM..

Old 05-02-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
she was only hired just so they can say she was the first woman to be police commissioner.
"Mayor" Kenney was determined to find, not only a female, but a w.o.c.

So, Kenney lands she of thin resume Danielle Outlaw, fresh from the rough streets of Portland Oregon. She cut her chops handling Portand demonstrations by white privilege and not so young anymore ''kids'' known as ANTIFA.

Outlaw also lowered the hiring standards for Portland police officers, namely the education standards. The reason? No one wants to be a cop in Portland it appears.

Why else would ''Mayor'' Kenney pick an inexperienced commissioner to handle a city like Philly? The police chief in South Bend IN didn't want the job?

ANTIFA protests and lowering the education standards of Portland PD hires is a fit to handle Philly and its embedded gun violence?

Now is the time for the city to move in on the gun violence. It won't because it can't. Wait until Kenney has to even criticize or, never will happen, fire her....lol. Chickens always come home to roost wanna be progressive ''Mayor'' Kenney.

Last edited by Kent70; 05-02-2020 at 07:05 PM..

Old 05-02-2020, 10:17 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,792,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post

We had an acting one for months before her.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:23 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,792,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent70 View Post

It's really embarrassing for a city like Philly to maintain a rapidly rising homicide and gun violence rate during a world wide pandemic lockdown. I mean not even a slight slowdown, it's accelerating to levels not seen since at least 2007. All the while the police dept has seen the fewest amount of ''other'' crime it will ever see.

Something is wrong here but more like something is wrong as usual.
There is actually a crime( and crime related) thread that has been around for years but the OP likes creating new threads just for the hell of it.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
There is actually a crime( and crime related) thread that has been around for years but the OP likes creating new threads just for the hell of it.
that was the 2nd time today someone said "where is danielle" so I created a thread so I could post the article with the reporter asking the same

Old 05-03-2020, 05:49 AM

4,744 posts, read 4,451,350 times
I am sort of new to the area and live about 30 miles outside of the city so I am not too familiar with Philly itself.
I say that to make it clear that most of this is kind of new to me, and I certainly have no preconceived ideas or expectations or biases here. I thought that article was quite fair, and I have to say, troubling. The local news we get on TV is of course Philly based, and I haven't heard this mentioned, but honestly other than her being appointed I do not recall seeing her even mentioned. I thought the quotes from the policeman were very telling.
“We’re used to more from our commissioners,” David Fisher of the National Black Police Association said Monday. “We’re used to our commissioners being very visible in this city. We’re used to commissioners addressing issues within the communities, whether they are crime issues or police doing good deeds… .”

“We [hadn’t] had a commissioner since August of 2019,” he added. “I welcomed her and I was in support of her. It’s hard to support someone who is invisible. It means something to the troops when some people are working at home and the troops are out there in the streets every day. … This is what I’m getting from officers out there on the street. They need to see her."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia