Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2020, 06:19 PM

650 posts, read 763,398 times

Advertisements

Around $500k. Moving from northern NJ.

Like the schools and central location to NJ / NY / Allentown / Delaware

What are special about this area ?
Maybe wait few months to see the market shift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 07:36 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,231,388 times
Blue Bell = Whitpain Township/Wissahickon school district. Has a bit of snob appeal in the Phila. area so you might pay a bit more here. Nice area, taxes are lower than some other Montco locales.

Ambler = borough of Ambler or parts of Upper Dublin township. Borough is older and quaint, also Wissahickon school district. Upper Dublin school taxes are higher.

Lower Gwynedd towship is also in the Wissahickon School district, very nice and expensive area.

Lansdale/N. Wales area also includes Hatfield, Montgomery and Towamencin townships.
This is a solid middle class area, North Penn school district is well regarded. Real estate prices have gone up in recent years as the population grows.

Overall nothing really special here, just a nice, safe family-oriented area with good schools, a typical slice of the Phila. suburbs, a mix of older and newer housing. The town areas (Lansdale, N. Wales and Ambler boroughs) being the older part.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:51 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,339,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewin888 View Post
What are special about this area ?
The same stuff as the last time you started this thread 8 months ago:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/phil...ale-house.html

Old 06-13-2020, 08:12 AM

409 posts, read 364,621 times
I remember considering this general area when buying a house ~2 years ago. The advice I got from my realtor was that, for whatever reason, taxes have been increasing in the southern portions (I forget the specific school districts, it was south of the turnpike though) and they left the impression that adjacent school districts were at risk of doing the same thing.

I don't want to spread misinformation based on rumors, and I'm not very knowledgeable about the area itself, but maybe somebody else could confirm/deny the situation.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:16 PM

How is Hatboro ? 95% white no diversity ? How is schools ?

Utilities rate ? People friendly ? I saw tons for stores and many rental buildings.

My offer for a house there was just accepted !!

Old 06-18-2020, 05:09 AM

4,703 posts, read 4,354,087 times
I am not very familiar with Hatboro/Horsham but at a quick glance, here is the Niche Summary Rating.
It looks good, even pretty good but again I don't know the details. Hopefully you have done some groundwork before extending your accepted offer. I did have a friend who commuted from central NJ to Horsham and it wasn't a terrible commute, but she did listen to lots of audio books. I think it was roughly an hour or so each way.
https://www.niche.com/places-to-live...montgomery-pa/.

Old 06-18-2020, 06:57 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,061,552 times
Quote:

Utilities rate ? People friendly ? I saw tons for stores and many rental buildings.

I just did a quick search and the Hatboro Horsham School District is 83% white, 4% black, 6% Asian, 6% Hispanic, and 2% other. Source: https://censusreporter.org/profiles/...l-district-pa/

Montgomery County is 76% white. Probably not as diverse as where you’re coming from in NJ but also not lily white, either.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:10 AM

Why these schools are rated 9-10?

School Reviews for Hatboro
Elementary
Middle
High
Public
Private
Charter
GREATSCHOOLS RATING
1+
Unrated
Low
High
SORT BY

Blair Mill El School
Public • Grades K-5
400 students • 14 student/teacher
Crooked Billet El School
Public • Grades K-5
272 students • 14 student/teacher
Hallowell El School
Public • Grades K-5
291 students • 13 student/teacher
Hatboro-Horsham Senior High School
Public • Grades 9-12
1655 students • 13 student/teacher
Keith Valley Middle School
Public • Grades 6-8
1218 students • 12 student/teacher
Pennypack El School
Public • Grades K-5
260 students • 14 student/teacher

Old 06-18-2020, 07:46 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,452,327 times
Quote:

You're asking these questions after your offer was accepted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia