U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 08:36 PM

10,647 posts, read 6,230,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Is there a color after green? 50% capacity means 50% revenue. That's NOT being open.
Apparently there is light green and darker green assuming that dark green is fully open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 08:38 PM

5,139 posts, read 1,902,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Apparently there is light green and darker green assuming that dark green is fully open.
What color is NO MASKS?? lol

Old 06-18-2020, 04:41 AM

6,949 posts, read 3,345,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
How can you eat and drink with a mask on?
They take the masks off or push them down around their necks in order to do that.

And truth to tell, since they're outdoors, they probably don't need to wear one if they're with people they know given social distancing.

Old 06-18-2020, 06:01 AM

441 posts, read 174,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
I don't think that's correct. The maps that the Inquirer relies on has two shades of green - dark green is "green" and light green is "turning green at a determined upcoming date." No restrictions is no color - meaning, back to what we were doing before the world almost ended.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coro...-20200319.html

Old 06-18-2020, 06:08 AM

950 posts, read 374,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Nope. Allegheny County (Pittsburgh and close-in suburbs), the state's third-most-populous, moved from red to yellow on May 15 and from yellow to green on June 2, two weeks and four days later.

The other counties surrounding Allegheny that form the Greater Pittsburgh area went yellow and green on the same schedule.

Southeastern Pennsylvania appears to be following the same timetable, just a few weeks later.

The Southeast went yellow one week ago today. That would be three weeks and one day in yellow status if the 6/30 date proves correct.
Isn't Allegheny County second only to Philadelphia County re: population? But yeah, reopening all has to do with each county's specific progress toward meeting certain public health metrics. Southeast PA's denser population, along with its proximity/connectivity to NJ/NYC, surely made it more difficult to safely reopen than Western PA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
How can you eat and drink with a mask on?
How can you keep mistakenly inferring this? "Nor will social distancing or masks go away," is obviously referring to more than just bars and restaurants. At these establishments, it will be that expected everyone other than seated guests wear a mask.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:22 AM

694 posts, read 330,329 times
Is it just me or are there others out there that are not feeling all comfortable with eating at restaurants?

It seems unbelievable that all of a sudden, it's been determined that risks of spread don't involve community dining even if it's outside.

Am I missing something?

Old 06-18-2020, 08:28 AM

441 posts, read 174,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Is it just me or are there others out there that are not feeling all comfortable with eating at restaurants?

It seems unbelievable that all of a sudden, it's been determined that risks of spread don't involve community dining even if it's outside.

Am I missing something?
I think everyone’s comfort level and risk tolerance is different. I don’t think anyone is wrong for not feeling comfortable yet. PA has been more cautious than most states and this staged opening allows them to react if they see a surge.

Personally, I think it’s the appropriate time, given its been over three months to give consumers and businesses the choice to engage in voluntary transactions that they feel comfortable with.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:49 AM

10,647 posts, read 6,230,850 times
Quote:

Am I missing something?
The Center City District sent out an email questionnaire about this topic. How comfortable would people be about dining inside or out?

No way am I dining inside for a long time. Outside it would depend on how far apart tables are.

Old 06-18-2020, 03:16 PM

5,139 posts, read 1,902,025 times
Quote:

Am I missing something?
Not me, I will be eating outside all weekend

Old 06-18-2020, 03:36 PM

502 posts, read 142,820 times
I ate out last Sunday and look forward to doing it again. Outdoors and social distanced. Not interested in indoor yet, even though Montco's new cases have been dropping steadily.

What I really want is to visit the dentist but that terrifies me with all the aerosols floating around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or