Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:04 PM

13 posts, read 33,187 times

Advertisements

I forgot to mention all of the homeless bums and beggars who follow you around, well, begging for money.

One time while in Center City I was walking with my best friend and we were approached by a man (who happened to be black) and began asking us for money.
We said no and he kept asking. He followed us to blocks shouting that we were racists. My friend who I was with, was also black.
I mean, I guess he could call me racist, but why would he call another black man racist?

Also, riding a SEPTA bus with a crazy man on it with iPOD headphones taped to his head suddenly began shouting that someone stole his wallet and he was going to have his CIA and FBI friends come down and find the thief.
Then, as the bus passed a hospital, he threated to send two girls sitting across from him to the emergency room.

They he threatened everyone on the bus saying that "what i'm about to do to all of you will get me the death penalty".

What did the driver do? NOTHING.
He was sitting right behind the driver as well, so there is no way he couldn't hear him.
This persisted for over 30 blocks, and the driver does nothing.
What are all of the "SEPTA Police" for anyway?

Also, not to mention that the house I had during my second year here was broken into through a smashed window. Thankfully we had an alarm system and the robbers got scared off.
I called the cops at 2 AM.
They didn't arrive until 8:30 AM

Wonderful city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 01:33 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
Wow, it's been over a year since I started this thread - we are still living in Philly and still loving it!

My first impression of the city was correct - it's absolutely awesome. One of the more beautiful cities in the US.

Having been here longer I CAN understand that if you live in a crappy area then Philly would suck. The crappy areas are REALLY crappy. More so than a lot of other places I have lived. There is a big divide here between the 'haves' and 'have nots'.

We are very lucky to be able to afford to live in center city in a great location and can therefor enjoy all the best that the city has to offer.... and that's a lot!

I still don't love east coast weather, and I hate Philly wage tax, but in terms of the city itself - LOVE it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia