U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 08:45 PM

5,156 posts, read 1,908,420 times

Advertisements

Not really what I expected at all since it seemed like a rushed project. Speeding through all the decades with quick flashbacks. I honestly wasnt expecting to see a lot of current 6abc anchors tonight. I thought it was just going to be Jim gardner, Dan Quellar, Cecily Tynan, and Rick Williams. And if we were going to see the current anchors I figured it would be at the very end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:04 PM

4,651 posts, read 6,398,098 times
I didn't see it (I live in FL now), but I have always loved the fact that Action News has Jim Gardner and others that have been there for 50 years. Remember when Larry Kane was anchor and Jim was backup? Larry was a STAR. I guess it was understandable that he left to go to the Big Apple (every newscaster's dream market) and I'm not sure why he came back so quickly, but he couldn't draw the viewers away from our beloved Action News.

One of the saddest days was when Jim O'Brien got killed. I will never forget the look on Jim Gardner's face as they came on the air that night. Completely torn up. And one of the funniest days was when Jim's hair coloring went awry and his hair turned orange. After that debacle, he transitioned to his natural gray. But he never got rid of his signature mustache!

Old Today, 10:07 PM

5,156 posts, read 1,908,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I didn't see it (I live in FL now), but I have always loved the fact that Action News has Jim Gardner and others that have been there for 50 years. Remember when Larry Kane was anchor and Jim was backup? Larry was a STAR. I guess it was understandable that he left to go to the Big Apple (every newscaster's dream market) and I'm not sure why he came back so quickly, but he couldn't draw the viewers away from our beloved Action News.

One of the saddest days was when Jim O'Brien got killed. I will never forget the look on Jim Gardner's face as they came on the air that night. Completely torn up. And one of the funniest days was when Jim's hair coloring went awry and his hair turned orange. After that debacle, he transitioned to his natural gray. But he never got rid of his signature mustache!
I believe that newscast of him on the news that day is on youtube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia