U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 54 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'll be taking up a position at Merck, West Point, PA. I'd appreciate some thoughts on areas to consider for renting apartments. I'd be like to be in a place with easy access to grocery stores, restaurants, etc.
And a safe neighbourhood.

I would appreciate your thoughts, especially if you live in a neighborhood or apartment complex you love. Any other things like taxes that I should consider?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,595,568 times
Lots of threads on this topic. Look into Lansdale Borough, North Wales Borough, Upper Gwynedd Township, Towamencin Township, Whitepain Township and a little farther out but closer to Philly, Ambler Borough. For cheaper rentals, check Hatfield Borough.

Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM

405 posts, read 189,691 times
There's lot of different options, with different recommendations for different situations. Consider filling out the template in this thread and posting it here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/phil...formation.html

Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM

24 posts, read 12,797 times
I live in the area and my wife used to work at Merck (stay at home mom now). My office is right down the street from Merck, though I've worked from home for the last few years.

What is your budget? Any kids? Have a car to drive to stores?

Any of the areas around Merck are pretty much safe - Lansdale, North Wales, Upper Gwynedd, Towamencin (where I live), Hatfield, and Montgomeryville. They are also all part of the North Penn School District. In my opinion, Lansdale is the 'center' of the area surrounded by the connected townships + North Wales.

All the areas above are pretty much interconnected. Plenty of grocery stores and areas to shop. As long as you have a car (or if you want to travel by bus), you can live in any of the towns/townships and be fine as there are not really defined boarders (on a map, yes, but driving around, you won't really notice a difference or know you changed towns/townships unless you already knew the boundaries).

For example, the local mall is in Montgomeryville. Lansdale I don't believe had a grocery store in it's boundaries, but has plenty of restaurants/small businesses. Grocery stores are right outside of Lansdale.

SEPTA has train stations in North Wales and Lansdale (maybe Upper Gwynedd too - not sure where the Pennbrook station falls).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia