U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 04:36 PM

5,199 posts, read 1,923,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
I'm not doing it. How do you know how old they are?

A poster did mention a possible explanation.

It was a grown man on the news admitting he does it every night because he has nothing to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 04:46 PM

204 posts, read 48,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
It was a grown man on the news admitting he does it every night because he has nothing to do
That one, singular bored man is a God then. Endless supply of fireworks. and gas money that takes him throughout the entire city every night for the past month.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:57 PM

7,373 posts, read 8,440,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
What I get from this is there's a multitude of reasons behind the fireworks. I don't support the media's narrative suggesting the perpetrators are juvenile teens . This is too routine and coordinated for this to be a spontaneous act by a bunch of teenagers or young adults looking for fun. There's certainly an intended purpose, but what, I do not know. Others are theorizing it's the work of the police to quell the nightly protest, others are suggesting it's in retaliation to Breonna Taylor. There's another theory saying it's the work of right-winged radicals causing public disturbance as a way to to maintain police presence; a counteractive measure to the defunding and abolishment of police forces.
You don’t actually believe any of those theories, I hope.

Old 06-24-2020, 07:14 PM

204 posts, read 48,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
You don’t actually believe any of those theories, I hope.
I already stated what I think is the reasoning behind it. But, perhaps I did believe in any of them, why is that of your concern? You can dispense with the condescending tone in your replies.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:53 PM

7,373 posts, read 8,440,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
I already stated what I think is the reasoning behind it. But, perhaps I did believe in any of them, why is that of your concern? You can dispense with the condescending tone in your replies.
When you post a handful of unbacked and contradictory conspiracy theories, you can expect people to question you further. Some, like me, will prod just to see if we can understand your decision-making.

This is the way this forum works. I’ve experienced a lot more condescension than this. It comes with the territory.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:47 PM

28,027 posts, read 26,708,131 times
Some of my son's neighbors in Southern New Jersey have been shooting off all sorts of illegal fireworks for the past two weeks. After hearing some particularly loud noise, he went outside and smelled Tannerite.

Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM

It until July for me to hear it for the first time I didnt hear anything in may or june but now the first night of July................KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Old Today, 02:07 PM

1,792 posts, read 2,808,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Perhaps he could do something REALLY outrageous like open a book! Happening a LOT in the burbs as well. Lots of traffic on the Nextdoor site about it.

As a canine owner, Ive pretty much had enough of it - unless the "bored" folks would like to peel my Doberman off the ceiling! Also pretty danged sick of being awakened from a sound sleep after 10 - 10:30. Apparently, lots of people around here with pets & young children have been calling the local law to no avail, although there are rather strict policies regarding distance, etc,

Old Today, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
Perhaps he could do something REALLY outrageous like open a book! Happening a LOT in the burbs as well. Lots of traffic on the Nextdoor site about it.

As a canine owner, Ive pretty much had enough of it - unless the "bored" folks would like to peel my Doberman off the ceiling! Also pretty danged sick of being awakened from a sound sleep after 10 - 10:30. Apparently, lots of people around here with pets & young children have been calling the local law to no avail, although there are rather strict policies regarding distance, etc,
Im just starting to hear it for the 1st time. I didnt hear anything the whole month of June and now the 1st day of July I hear these damm fireworks. I can say I have not heard them after 12am but just in the evening. Been living here for 4 years and never heard fireworks outside my window
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or