U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 02:41 PM

10,279 posts, read 5,946,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I used to visit Philly more in younger years and I'm trying to get back into it. Philly is a great quaint city. Granted, I could do without the attitudes of some as far as abrasiveness, but I roll with it. There is plenty of history and great architecture. The music scene is mostly good except for some of the younger jam band hipsters. But, historically the Hooters, Jeffrey Gaines, The Teeth (really from Bethlehem), and many others are part of some great moments.

The negative is the Demoncat stronghold on the city. That old archaic Demoncat worship needs to stop. It has ruined the city in many ways. You don't have to like Trump, but geez vote for a Republican on a local level. STop the big Government insanity.
Ironically it was a completely Republican machine run city for decades. For longer than it's been a Dem city.
There's really not enough of a local Rep party infrastructure left to do what you mean. And, no, sorry ...what is needed is progressive millennials with a fresh tact wrt leadership and getting more involved in local elections.

This isn't a political thread so I will end it there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 04:03 PM

940 posts, read 259,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Well, some of us can developed a unconditional love for their hometown to adopted city they live or lived as with me. We all know the good bad and possibly ugly. But we rather not reveal as much of that on C-D.

But if a transplant from another state? You should realize how we see details in other cities we can love some and less so others to compare. It should not lessen their initial praise and complement. Or we ourselves visit other cities.

Visitors on the other hand..... generally do not use
- rose-colored glasses of highlighting only the best and fahgetabout the rest
- they see details locals just are numb to daily
- they take more time to compare to home or how the new experience impressed them and how, or less so

The OP titled the thread - " I Love Philly" MANY ACT AS, oh he had this - "ulterior motive" that every outside has. It was not all love to them.... so they just discount it and rip into it.

Seems the Philly way. It's not like trash comments were made that prove that.

I thought THE TITLE ALONE was a good one for anyone to LIST THEIR LOVE and why. Instead of crime and stereotypes, or misconceptions .... funny or meant to demean.

Too many times one is guilty of ill-motives till possibly proven otherwise that never happen for most.

**** PEOPLE COULD POST WHAT THINGS THEY LOVE **** Worry less on the OP's other comments seen as not love.
Have you considered starting a thread titled "What Do You Love About Philly?"

Old 02-26-2019, 07:47 PM

4,094 posts, read 2,011,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
Have you considered starting a thread titled "What Do You Love About Philly?"
Well as I thought this one might do the same thing by its title and very few post before its 11-year sleep. I merely stumped upon it by accident. Looking for another thread. Problem would be with even that other is..... some would add their buts too. But for the I done or that disappoints. Then same difference in te praise is list and negative becomes the topic.

I did consider sending the OP (who is still active in C-D it seems). A message on this reopened thread of theirs and visits if any more to Philly .... he made since. But probably won't now. But I really didn't reopen it for myself. Just thought it would be a positive thread for a visitor to comment here again, or positives from transplants already here to long term locals. I was wrong .... enough said in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or