U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 09:41 AM

2 posts

Advertisements

So the story goes like this. Any and all advice is appreciated and moral boosting.
My stepmom purchased a 20,000 sqft commercial mfg building as a rental investment

8000 sqft was leased out and the rest was used by step mom for storage and letting friends store things in designated areas while she had rest of building up for lease . She was to keep a few offices
Break room kitchen area and large tv lounge for herself while she was there. .
She owned building for several years and decided it was time to sell it
Due to no luck leasing larger area and other ten tents were packing it in .

I went through a separation with my wife about 3 years ago and step mom let me use an office to put my personal things and have an office to hang out in when I wanted . I also stored about 100 metal working machines that were mine and some were a friends , I also had client projects stored there .
The property consists of 1 main building 18k sqft and 2 small buildings 3000 sqft each and a large mezzanine in main building .
My property was out of the way where I could test equipment . I am between my own shops which I am currently ready to move into a shop of about 4500 sqft
My step mom never charged me a dime I agreed to help her with landscaping and keeping outside clean etc
I was never renting from her or on one stitch of paperwork She was simply helping me out .

She sold the building last October and said she was going to pay new owner rent to help him out and also her
She explained that I was welcome to leave if my new shop came through but I could also stay until she decided to go
She had a lot to. I’ve as well as I had a major amount to move and all heavy stuff .
She signed a 2 month lease with new owner and that was December and January and lease expired and no lease wS ever drawn up and it became month to month in a casual fashion . In total mom paid this guy 37,000
Dollars from November up to May that’s 7 months that’s average of about 6 grand a month .the new owner went 3 months with no contact no discussion about rent but she paid him a large amount which he would not of had if she. Over right out .may he stared he wanted her to relocate and she said ok it was time .
She ga e me notice to start staging my stuff to move it out along with my friends equipment .
I leased a 45’ container which I loaded and proceeded to stage the remainder and get ready to move into a building I had been waiting for as I was ready to open my shop there
I had to wait until my wife made up her mind divorce or not . Marriage is still up in the air

Ok now June comes around and mom said he became a real dick she’s 73 years old and the things he was saying was of no class and really upset my step mom to the point she was crying .
I believe he was growing to take on a dark side when he could not flip the building like he flips these little houses and his partners were on his ass. And she was leaving so no rent to him either

He then demanded she leave and she had not gotten everything packed yet but was getting close
He went and got an eviction notice with change of locks it took about 3 weeks
The day came a sheriff came and gave her the speech and said she could retrieve her person property
Which was office things some family heirlooms all her legal papers and books her library clothes painting luggage computers etc etc
A week goes by and no one contacted my step mom so now what we’ll he shows up and I was outside the gate packing container eveningly I had my new Polaris rzr there and my bmw m5 2016
Come to find out the locksmith guy did not latch rear shop doors nor did he fix large gate leaving my property compromised He then said you were inside I said no way Now I had never met the new owner
He says your mom owes me another month I said talk to her not me I don’t know anything going on with you and her I’m not a renter nor a owner
When she disputed his demand He locks the gate trapping 3 carts with my personal belongings in them as well as a few machines and a few dozen bmw wheels all my things in the office my friends belongings and clients belongings I had held until my new shop was a go
He then called the police and he demanded I get off the property and that the container was his now with about 200k in equipment the cops said I had to leave I said where does it say he gets to confiscate a half million dollars of my things when I’m in no way any part of any lease or paperwork .
The dumb cops says yes he has papers saying he could keep my things until my step mom paid him
I was like what a load of ****
So I just got my self packed up closed the container doors and left knowing that the container is in fact on city property by about 10 feet. So that night a fire broke out a few buildings down I get a notification on my phone so I blast down there and holy crap big fire the building parking lot had a foot of water in it ready to flood out my container I was so upset and I look and the gate the owner locked was smashed down exposing my 3 carts and personal property and other things of mine I could not go on his property and the gate remained knocked down for 3 days in which my property was stolen on the fourth day he had it fixed .
He does nit know I know about the gate I have not texted him or called him as he keeps violating my rights and I’m letting him stack them up he’s a real snake

Still no call from him saying to retrieve our things
My step mom calls his secretary and asks what’s going on she says he’s down at the building now
My step mom texts him only to get a criminal response
He says you want anything you better get down here and you git one hour ya hear me. So he says I have a big dumpster and the guys are loading it now with all the office contents and maybe she can save a few things

She tells me to drive her down so I do and I go and get my pick up she calls me crying they he threw all her stuff in the dumpster she salvaged a few things and tells me my things also are gone thrown out and no doubt stolen
Contents included my cigar collection worth about 15 k as well as several humidors and large 7 ft cabinet
All my hire looms were tossed as well as my grandfathers funeral flag and rosary beads etc
I can’t tell you how much of mine was missing all my tax records and paperwork thrown out
This all about 10 days after we left remember my wallet was in one of the carts that was stolen inside the gate

So a few days later I go over to check container and he puts a fence all around the property gating my container inside the gate or fencing rather. It’s about 50 10’ sections of rental fencing
Which goes out and around the container which is on city property So not only is he violating his boundaries but he also has SRPs testing poles locked behind fencing and now it’s clear he is virtually stealing my things
I can’t work my employee can’t work and I’m paying for container lease and on new shop which I have nothing to put in it

I’m ready to make a move but can’t seem to find the right office to contact
Every law I look up clearly states he cannot hold or keep any ones personal property except possibly a tentent
I’m nothing nor was ever on anything .

So with all my stolen office property and the hostage situation I know he’s clearly taking things to criminal status
He never gave anyone a chance to collect property and I found out he has some guy living in the shop to watch the shop which again there is a law stating he can’t have strangers there with personal property present
I drove by and this guy has people going in and out of the place
It’s not zoned for living there

I’m so mad but I’m keeping a level head I want to get this scumbag And I owe him for treating my step mom like a pos.

Please help me out here. Who do I contact to get this taken care of ?

Again thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:51 AM

2 posts
Default I want to add some other classless actions of his

My step mom had taken on feeding the feral cats in the area because that’s what she does . She has compassion and has spent hundreds of dollars getting the cats to the vet and feed and water etc
She had about 20 that would stop by to eat and drink and sometimes lounge

Somehow 9 cats got into one of the rooms in the small building which had some landscaping equipment in it and a carpet they would get out of the rain when they had to
Well the stupid guy charges the locks and locks the door trapping 8 cats inside no food Warner or moving air

She got one of his workers to come up 5 days later and low and behold they were still alive but were scared hungry and needed water which she took care of outside his rent a fence

A real pos of a person

Old Today, 01:45 PM

2,475 posts, read 4,127,186 times
I'm struggling to read your post, but with 100 pieces of metalworking equipment (I assume machines), you're already out of small claims court and you need a lawyer.

You should not be contacting anyone else. Not the new owner and certainly not random people on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia