Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 12:20 AM

5 posts, read 2,813 times

Advertisements

How do people feel about someone squatting?

I don't look drugged out or anything like that. I kind of just sneak into a squat and then sneak out every night. It's a PHA property.

But if someone sees me..

How do you expect them to feel about it?

Is it different by area?

I'm in West Philly (60st street).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2020, 05:30 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,659,234 times
You're asking for trouble in a situation you don't need to put yourself in.
People will easily misinterpret what you're doing and it's not appropriate.
This isn't something you want to push the fringes on at all.

Old 09-08-2020, 11:56 PM

And how do you know I don't need to put myself in that situation?

What should I be worried about primarily? How do I get people to understand what I am doing, to avoid risk?

Old 09-09-2020, 04:43 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,659,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePeach View Post
And how do you know I don't need to put myself in that situation?

What should I be worried about primarily? How do I get people to understand what I am doing, to avoid risk?
I/We can only go by what you post.

How do we know you aren't a troll just bored and wanting to stir trouble on the forums?

There aren't specifics about your situation, I wouldn't expect you to post anything about your situation because it might be too personal, and squatting is technically illegal.

Posters on here can't encourage illegal actions.

You might have to be okay with a shelter or no place.

Old 09-09-2020, 05:47 AM

599 posts, read 494,981 times
If your not a troll, you are may of hit the worst possible place on the net to get an answer to this question. The demographic here is skewed heavily toward the, "Get the &*^% off my lawn" crowd. Older, lily white, conservative, uptight, judgmental, etc. That may not be a fair assessment of everybody that surfs the site, but it covers the kind of heavy users that will tell you how awful you are, and that you should be in prison for even thinking about it.

JMHO, here, but you might want to move on. I'm sure that Reddit and Youtube will have what you are looking for. Good luck and stay safe.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:57 AM

5,724 posts, read 3,238,588 times
so.....I guess the wealthy white "open minded, liberal, tolerant, progressive" types that live in the center high rises or chestnut hill would be cheering on squatters???

Quote:
Originally Posted by wharton View Post
If your not a troll, you are may of hit the worst possible place on the net to get an answer to this question. The demographic here is skewed heavily toward the, "Get the &*^% off my lawn" crowd. Older, lily white, conservative, uptight, judgmental, etc. That may not be a fair assessment of everybody that surfs the site, but it covers the kind of heavy users that will tell you how awful you are, and that you should be in prison for even thinking about it.

JMHO, here, but you might want to move on. I'm sure that Reddit and Youtube will have what you are looking for. Good luck and stay safe.

Old 09-09-2020, 12:25 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,479,144 times
Obviously a troll post.

Old 09-09-2020, 05:42 PM

I'm not a troll. How am I a troll? What would I be getting out of being one? And how am I indicating that I am?

If anyone dislikes you, and they will call you a troll. You prove it, but it doesn't matter. To them, you are already a troll.

Is literally everyone who disagrees with you a troll automatically? Get over yourself.

Old 09-09-2020, 05:59 PM

2,525 posts, read 3,081,433 times
What is a “PHA property?”
If you want to be taken seriously, don’t use acronyms.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
What is a “PHA property?”
If you want to be taken seriously, don’t use acronyms.
Philadelphia Housing Authority. It's the cities' houses.

And no, people should be taken seriously regardless of if you know what an acronym stands for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia