U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 09:37 PM

6,090 posts, read 2,257,165 times

Advertisements

Curious to know what this big announcement going to be on Monday
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2020, 09:41 PM

1,910 posts, read 1,096,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Curious to know what this big announcement going to be on Monday
Where is this reported from?

Old 11-13-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Where is this reported from?
https://6abc.com/health/new-covid-19...onday/7916858/

Old 11-20-2020, 06:45 AM

4,835 posts, read 3,543,539 times
Looks like those who can't offer outdoor dining will be facing tough times for the next 6 weeks.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:16 AM

144 posts, read 48,558 times
I am not surprised, I have seen many restaurants closing and a lot of shops too. What to say? This quarantine and the situation in every county is destroying all the economy worldwide.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:44 AM

921 posts, read 573,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Looks like those who can't offer outdoor dining will be facing tough times for the next 6 weeks.
Yeah, this is going to be a tough winter for a lot of individuals. The small independent businesses are going to tested like never before. I hope the good ones get creative with offerings and approach. I also really feel for those smaller and mid-sized cities, like Easton and Allentown, that have been making a comeback in recent years. This could be back-breaking for their continued re-growth.

Cities like Philly will always bounce back. Whether or not the same venues exist when the dust clears is a question, but something will exist in most of these spots currently occupied by restaurants/pubs. I'm starting to see savvy developers and those with partners/deep pockets use this downtime to build new venues or reimagine existing spots in preparation for spring 2021. And of course, the residential building continues unabated.

Hey, the way the real estate market is going around the Philly region, that alone might be able to float the economy until vaccine time.

Old 11-20-2020, 08:05 AM

4,835 posts, read 3,543,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
Yeah, this is going to be a tough winter for a lot of individuals. The small independent businesses are going to tested like never before. I hope the good ones get creative with offerings and approach. I also really feel for those smaller and mid-sized cities, like Easton and Allentown, that have been making a comeback in recent years. This could be back-breaking for their continued re-growth.

Cities like Philly will always bounce back. Whether or not the same venues exist when the dust clears is a question, but something will exist in most of these spots currently occupied by restaurants/pubs. I'm starting to see savvy developers and those with partners/deep pockets use this downtime to build new venues or reimagine existing spots in preparation for spring 2021. And of course, the residential building continues unabated.

Hey, the way the real estate market is going around the Philly region, that alone might be able to float the economy until vaccine time.
True. I was thinking about moving to NYC before Toronto(they have more professional creative jobs, and jobs that don't require a driver's license) and I see that those prices have been going down. Maybe once I pay off some debt, maybe I can take advantage of those low prices. I probably won't be moving anywhere until this is all over. By that point, I want to go to Toronto, and it is doable once the debt is paid. Maybe I'll look at WFH job to get the professional experience I need.

Anyway, I am a mod of the Lehigh Valley sub on Reddit. I keep up to date with happenings around the Lehigh Valley and right now they're not as strict as Philadelphia. Gatherings are limited, but indoor dining is still allowed for now, as well as flea markets at a cap. Christmas City is still operating, although the season ends in a few weeks. Who knows what will happen in a few weeks, however. I'm hoping not much because they've really made a comeback.

This year, I'm planning on buying gift cards for the holidays and to have for 2021. I'll most likely order from small businesses too. I've been buying a lot of scrapbook supplies from Scrapbook.com, and I'm trying to find local crafters.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:10 PM

I want Positano Coast on 2nd and Walnut to go out of Business because the staff is rude and the food is nasty

Old 11-20-2020, 08:40 PM

8,239 posts, read 4,015,571 times
Quote:
I want Positano Coast on 2nd and Walnut to go out of Business because the staff is rude and the food is nasty
De gustibus non disputandum est, but apparently, they satisfy enough customers with their food and service to remain in business.

That space actually has a history of eating restaurants. Positano Coast is the second go-round for the Lamberti family in that space; its first, Pasta Blitz, lasted about four years. I forget what preceded it, but before that, the space housed a string of Steve Poses establishments with rather short lives. I think Positano Coast has been just about the most successful of the restaurants that have occupied that space.

Old 11-21-2020, 03:32 AM

1,910 posts, read 1,096,596 times
Quote:
I've only been there for Happy Hour in the summer, when they have the fans blowing outside.

Great ambiance. Food was not bad, not really outstanding either. I noticed a lot of Italian families there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia