Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 03:30 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,116,133 times

Advertisements

Wentz is a product of his environment. Eagles WR's have the lowest percentage of WR's getting open on routes, the o-line has the highest sack rate and percentage. Instead of running a quick-passing styled offense to combat the terrible o-line, Pederson continues using routes which take a longer time to develop. I'm not on the Wentz hate train, I believe he is the undisputed leader of this offense and needs to remain starter. Pederson's decision on benching him solidifies my stance, there's nothing left to play for in the season, why risk Wentz getting injured? Let the rookie get some real-time experience, hopefully ball out, and make him a potential trade bait for a team in desperate need of a QB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2020, 09:14 PM

1,213 posts, read 953,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Wentz is a product of his environment. Eagles WR's have the lowest percentage of WR's getting open on routes, the o-line has the highest sack rate and percentage. Instead of running a quick-passing styled offense to combat the terrible o-line, Pederson continues using routes which take a longer time to develop. I'm not on the Wentz hate train, I believe he is the undisputed leader of this offense and needs to remain starter. Pederson's decision on benching him solidifies my stance, there's nothing left to play for in the season, why risk Wentz getting injured? Let the rookie get some real-time experience, hopefully ball out, and make him a potential trade bait for a team in desperate need of a QB.
I agree to a point. Wentz has very little help. However, he can't get past his first progression read (he misses wide open receivers routinely - especially down the seam for some reason), his passes have been extremely errant and his decision making is suspect at best. Couple that with his penchant for getting seriously injured (this has nothing to do with toughness, he just seems to get sidelined a lot with major injuries) and you have to wonder what kind of future he has. He's in his fifth season and has undeniably lost a step or two of quickness. He's pretty beat up and his confidence is shot. He's taking serious punishment these days with our garbage line and his tendency to hold the ball while scrambling in circles in the backfield before getting pancaked. It raises the question of how much longer he really has.

I definitely don't think Hurts is the answer, so I hope Wentz can pull it together for next year, but I'm certainly not expecting it. Sadly, I think he's toast.

Old 12-11-2020, 11:06 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,310,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
I agree to a point. Wentz has very little help. However, he can't get past his first progression read (he misses wide open receivers routinely - especially down the seam for some reason), his passes have been extremely errant and his decision making is suspect at best. Couple that with his penchant for getting seriously injured (this has nothing to do with toughness, he just seems to get sidelined a lot with major injuries) and you have to wonder what kind of future he has. He's in his fifth season and has undeniably lost a step or two of quickness. He's pretty beat up and his confidence is shot. He's taking serious punishment these days with our garbage line and his tendency to hold the ball while scrambling in circles in the backfield before getting pancaked. It raises the question of how much longer he really has.

I definitely don't think Hurts is the answer, so I hope Wentz can pull it together for next year, but I'm certainly not expecting it. Sadly, I think he's toast.

I agree with this spot on. When Wentz threw directly to the Seahawks in the end zone, with no Eagles WR even remotely close.

I gave up on Wentz.

Last edited by rowhomecity; 12-11-2020 at 11:33 AM..

Old 12-11-2020, 11:34 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,310,407 times
Wentz has good character. He is a family man by all means. And you cannot dislike the guy for his really awesome character.

With that though, as of late, I honestly think he would be happier hunting on a farm than playing football.

I would not be shocked if he looks to exit football in its entirety and move back to North Dakota.

He has banked a nice amount of money, and could easily retire and start pretty much any new business/venture he wants to.

Old 12-11-2020, 02:32 PM

Looks like Peter's has been placed on IR for a toe injury. Age of 39, safe to say this will be he last season in the NFL.

Old 12-11-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:

We'll see, but I'm not dismissing Wentz just yet. On top of not having a healthy receiving group and O-line, the shortened off-season in which he can gain a report with the young and new receivers didn't help either .

The entire season has been disastrous from the start. Roseman and Pedersen deserve 90% of the blame when the same problems from last year were not rectified; terrible o-line, average receiving corps. We've seen it last year in a few games where we couldn't do squat on offense; twice against Seattle and Dallas. That should've been a wake up call that the teem needs talent, instead we have an average draft and free-agency period.

Old 12-11-2020, 03:40 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
I see one win on the eagles schedule before 2021, Dallas

4-11-1

Old 12-13-2020, 08:31 AM

1,388 posts, read 909,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
We'll see, but I'm not dismissing Wentz just yet. On top of not having a healthy receiving group and O-line, the shortened off-season in which he can gain a report with the young and new receivers didn't help either .

The entire season has been disastrous from the start. Roseman and Pedersen deserve 90% of the blame when the same problems from last year were not rectified; terrible o-line, average receiving corps. We've seen it last year in a few games where we couldn't do squat on offense; twice against Seattle and Dallas. That should've been a wake up call that the teem needs talent, instead we have an average draft and free-agency period.
"Average draft" is being WAY too nice to Howie. They drafted ZERO impact players (so far).

Old 12-14-2020, 09:23 AM

1,213 posts, read 953,967 times
Well, this is going to be interesting. Hurts certainly looks like the real deal. Two more games even close to what happened yesterday and I guess we start shopping Wentz...

Old 12-14-2020, 09:43 AM

752 posts, read 458,920 times
Quote:
Well, this is going to be interesting. Hurts certainly looks like the real deal. Two more games even close to what happened yesterday and I guess we start shopping Wentz...
Well if by “real deal” you mean competent, I agree. It really highlights how bad Wentz has been. 167 yards passing, a rating of 58.5, and a fumble that almost cost them the game, isn’t all the great. Wentz might be done but as far as a long term starting QB, I really doubt Hurts is the solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia