U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-23-2020, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia
1,915 posts, read 1,098,442 times
Reputation: 1949

Advertisements

Wow. What is going on with this team? Such a disappointment and I am a die hard Eagles fan.

I think Wentz needs to go. IMO.

Ever since he married and had his child he just has been unfocused and not in the game.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-23-2020, 03:41 PM
 
297 posts, read 173,966 times
Reputation: 433
Sad to say, but Wentz's number was up in this town the minute Nick Foles won the Super Bowl in his place. Unless he immediately came back and delivered his own two-peat, he was going to be forever known as an also-ran. And that's exactly what happened. Two-plus seasons of consistent injuries and underperformance, and he's not only lost the confidence of the fans, he's probably lost his own confidence as well. I think we're at a point where he's going to need to go elsewhere to have a productive career, because this environment has become too toxic.

(Yes, the coaching and talent levels have been abysmal, and any QB would struggle to succeed in these circumstances. But Wentz hasn't done enough to help himself.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2020, 10:53 PM
 
627 posts, read 324,384 times
Reputation: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireshaker View Post
Sad to say, but Wentz's number was up in this town the minute Nick Foles won the Super Bowl in his place. Unless he immediately came back and delivered his own two-peat, he was going to be forever known as an also-ran. And that's exactly what happened. Two-plus seasons of consistent injuries and underperformance, and he's not only lost the confidence of the fans, he's probably lost his own confidence as well. I think we're at a point where he's going to need to go elsewhere to have a productive career, because this environment has become too toxic.

(Yes, the coaching and talent levels have been abysmal, and any QB would struggle to succeed in these circumstances. But Wentz hasn't done enough to help himself.)
This is a big problem. Wentz's game has been regressing for at least 2 years , but the Eagles are stuck with him at least through next year. It's going to be difficult to trade him with the contract he has, and if they cut him after this year, they will take a $59m dead money cap hit next year for the rest of his deferred signing bonus and future guaranteed salary, which no team can even contemplate. Theoretically, they could bench him for Hurts since Hurts is playing on a rookie contract, but they won't be able to keep him and sign another QB to starter money, either.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2020, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Phila & NYC
3,580 posts, read 2,313,942 times
Reputation: 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
This is a big problem. Wentz's game has been regressing for at least 2 years , but the Eagles are stuck with him at least through next year. It's going to be difficult to trade him with the contract he has, and if they cut him after this year, they will take a $59m dead money cap hit next year for the rest of his deferred signing bonus and future guaranteed salary, which no team can even contemplate. Theoretically, they could bench him for Hurts since Hurts is playing on a rookie contract, but they won't be able to keep him and sign another QB to starter money, either.
I would love to see what Josh Rosen could do here in Philly, but for now he is content as a Bucs practice squad guy learning from the GOAT.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2020, 02:41 PM
 
6,101 posts, read 2,259,065 times
Reputation: 2702
I wont say he is done unless he has another bad game vs Seattle. If Wentz stinks it up again with all the negative press he has been getting all week long then yes he is done and will probably be benched
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2020, 08:07 PM
 
627 posts, read 324,384 times
Reputation: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I would love to see what Josh Rosen could do here in Philly, but for now he is content as a Bucs practice squad guy learning from the GOAT.
I'm definitely not sold on Rosen as an NFL caliber QB, but he actually is someone they could bring in because he would be looking for any opportunity to get on an NFL roster on a veteran minimum contract at this point.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2020, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Phila & NYC
3,580 posts, read 2,313,942 times
Reputation: 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
I'm definitely not sold on Rosen as an NFL caliber QB, but he actually is someone they could bring in because he would be looking for any opportunity to get on an NFL roster on a veteran minimum contract at this point.
His arm and intelligence are his biggest attributes. His mouth and cockiness not so much. That being said Rosen is playing it smart at this time. He has turned down several offers to be on 53 man rosters, but instead choosing to remain on a practice squad, to learn from Brady and the Bucs offensive coordinator who he likes. By remaining on the PS, he is not under team control and free to sign with anyone at anytime when he feels the right opportunity comes along.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2020, 11:04 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia
1,915 posts, read 1,098,442 times
Reputation: 1949
Carson Wentz threw directly to the Seahawks tonight for a turnover. Literally not one Eagle player even close by, and right in the end zone too. Carson needs to go.

His record has him as the WORST quarterback in the entire NFL right now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2020, 11:12 PM
 
6,101 posts, read 2,259,065 times
Reputation: 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Carson Wentz threw directly to the Seahawks tonight for a turnover. Literally not one Eagle player even close by, and right in the end zone too. Carson needs to go.

His record has him as the WORST quarterback in the entire NFL right now.

Well in defense of Wentz he plays very well in December
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2020, 09:15 AM
 
6,122 posts, read 3,564,482 times
Reputation: 4322
I think what makes this season really bad is, instead of progressing, the team has been regressing game to game. A number of weaknesses are very evident this year. IMO the biggest ones are:

1. The roster. The O-Line, the WRs, the LBs, the DBs, and the QBs all need to be revamped. The only position group on the team that is a strength week in and week out is the Defensive Line. IMO, the roster has so many glaring weaknesses I think it warrants Howie Roseman to lose his job. Seeing DK Metcalf crush us is such a twist of the knife considering the Eagles decided to draft JJ Arcega-Whiteside, a complete bust. Couple that with drafting Jalen Reagor instead of Justin Jefferson, Howie needs to be fired. The Jalen Hurts pick still looks awful.

2. The playcalling and general offensive scheme. Doug needs to hire a real offensive coordinator and give up playcalling. It's clear Frank Reich was the real architect of the 2017 super bowl. If Doug doesn't want to give up the power, he needs to be fired. The Eagles are tough to watch this year. Absolutely zero ability to go down the field. Last night's third down efficiency was much better, but we have been terrible at converting all season.

3. Carson Wentz isn't the guy. He holds the ball too long and fumbles far to much. He's not real accurate and doesn't have that strong of an arm and under throws receivers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top