U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2021, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 417 times

Advertisements

Hi,

i am currently looking to move outside of the city from Philadelphia. Looking into the Telford to Sellersville areas. I get to work at 7 in the city. Looking to see if anyone does this commute and what travel times look like from these areas. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 08:29 AM

1,674 posts, read 771,251 times
You can catch a train in Colmar or Lansdale--Sellersville is probably 15-20 minutes to Lansdale, maybe slightly less to Colmar, we're talking very early in the morning like leaving your house by 5:00 AM. You'll have to catch a 5:25 AM train to make it to the city in time to get to a job by 7 AM. The train takes about an hour. The next train is around 6:30. Driving to the city would be a nightmare, IMO. You can probably go part of the way via 309 from Sellersville. It will take over an hour at rush hour if you're lucky, possibly a lot longer with delays and bad weather, and parking will be costly.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:27 AM

333 posts, read 239,381 times
I can't say I'd recommend that, no.

Even with absolutely no traffic, those areas are an hour's drive from Center City. Add in typical rush hour nonsense, even leaving as early as you do, and you're probably looking at an hour and a half minimum, maybe more. The train would be a bit easier, but as the previous poster points out, you're still looking at a trip that's pushing two hours each way, door to door.

If you want to spend 3-4 hours a day commuting, have at it, but I wouldn't live in those areas if I needed to be in Philly every day for work.

Old 02-16-2021, 03:37 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,919,306 times
That area is not ideal to commute into the city. I would not recommend it.

Its a lovely area. But not to need to commute daily into Philadelphia. Maybe if it was limited to 3 days a week it would be doable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia