U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM

11,294 posts, read 9,288,247 times

Advertisements

Kensington through the ages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOM8DwvgWi0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mulwND4O2eE
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwKNx7eTPcE

Have things just taken a turn for the worst in Kensington?

Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM

649 posts, read 183,667 times
This is your 2nd post on this topic... If you're that interested, how about you come down for a visit and see for yourself? It's so easy to see your goal, because the only time you ever mention Philadelphia is to discuss K&A, and it's poverty and blight.

If you don't like the city, just explicitly say it already and move on.

Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM

3,854 posts, read 2,445,932 times
Well if anyone ever watched the series "The Wire", they portrayed an area set up where dealers and addicts could do their drug activity without fear of arrest and called it "Hamsterdamn".
Kensington is "The Wire's" version of Hamsterdamn.

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
This is your 2nd post on this topic... If you're that interested, how about you come down for a visit and see for yourself? It's so easy to see your goal, because the only time you ever mention Philadelphia is to discuss K&A, and it's poverty and blight.

If you don't like the city, just explicitly say it already and move on.
I do plan on visiting. I enjoy slum tourism in fact. I never said I dont like Philly. I use to visit South Philly a bit because my sister had a condo there. South Philly is nice with the cheesesteaks, and gentrification. Center city is also nice.

I really just wanted to discuss how Kensington has changed over the years. Demographically there is a noticeable difference. There also seem to be a lot less homeless before.

Old Today, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I do plan on visiting. I enjoy slum tourism in fact. I never said I dont like Philly. I use to visit South Philly a bit because my sister had a condo there. South Philly is nice with the cheesesteaks, and gentrification. Center city is also nice.

I really just wanted to discuss how Kensington has changed over the years. Demographically there is a noticeable difference. There also seem to be a lot less homeless before.
I have on occasion cruised up the Ave just to see the sights. Use to hit a good Chinese t/o joint called "Tracys". Not sure if it's open anymore.

Growing up I was never familiar with the area. I do remember my folks buying a summer home in Ocean City NJ, and I asked why not Wildwood? My dad would say Wildwood is basically "Kensington South".
Also remember in my early adult years hitting a club called "The AD". That's been gone for years. Do not even remember what street it was on.

Old Today, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I have on occasion cruised up the Ave just to see the sights. Use to hit a good Chinese t/o joint called "Tracys". Not sure if it's open anymore.

Growing up I was never familiar with the area. I do remember my folks buying a summer home in Ocean City NJ, and I asked why not Wildwood? My dad would say Wildwood is basically "Kensington South".
Also remember in my early adult years hitting a club called "The AD". That's been gone for years. Do not even remember what street it was on.
last time I was in Wildwood was the late 90s, and no way was it like what I see of the vids of nowadays Kensington. Maybe your father means something else.

Old Today, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
last time I was in Wildwood was the late 90s, and no way was it like what I see of the vids of nowadays Kensington. Maybe your father means something else.
Oh no. That was back in 1970. Kensington at that time was white blue collar. My dad was a detective at the time and thought Ocean City was a little more uppity then Wildwood. I would if preferred Wildwood. Better boadwalk and more girls to kiss during my teen years. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia