Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2009, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 50,007 times

Advertisements

I got engaged in August 2009 and I want to have my wedding reception in Philadelphia. I am interested in either the Cescaphe Ballroom, The Atrium at the Curtis Center, or the Ballroom at the Ben. I am just wondering how much they are per person, I am looking to spend around $100 to $120/head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 01:17 PM

418 posts, read 1,348,729 times
Default Congradulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureSmith24 View Post
I got engaged in August 2009 and I want to have my wedding reception in Philadelphia. I am interested in either the Cescaphe Ballroom, The Atrium at the Curtis Center, or the Ballroom at the Ben. I am just wondering how much they are per person, I am looking to spend around $100 to $120/head.
To find the cost .. I suggest you call them.

The price will vary for many reasons ..
Date .. day of the week ... time of day ... duration ... menu ... service requirements ... type of beverage service ... also number of people.

Certain months and dates are considered premium and cost more
Friday evening and Sunday afternoon may cost less
Sit down dinner vs buffet
Product usage vs head per hour bar service.
Limiting bar service is safer and may offer quality over quantity.
Linens ... decorations ... dance floor ... band/DJ ... flowers vs center pieces

The sales person needs to know your budget up front to offer the best options.
This will save a lot of time and prevent disappointment at what you can't have.
Be realistic in your estimate and add 10 percent to you original number for things you did not know to consider in your planning.
It is in their best interest to make you and your guest happy as word of mouth is the best advertising.

Something that can be beautiful, simple and cost effective is a sunday afternoon tea with champagne or white wine.
Brunch after a late morning ceremony.
This could be an off hour with a limited menu.

Remember ... Have fun .. and
... The marriage is more important than the wedding ..

Old 12-01-2009, 12:01 PM

692 posts, read 2,350,664 times
I just had my reception at the Curtis center, and also looked at the ballroom and also the ballroom at the Ben.

1) Cescaphe gives you WAY more included in your per person cost than the ballroom at the ben does, for very similar pricing. Also it's a much nicer venue as well and the staff is AMAZING.

2) Pricing is pretty standard actually, as opposed to what the previous poster said - they don't really modify their packages, it's a standard package, so therefore the pricing is pretty set in stone

150/pp at the ballroom, 160/pp at the curtis center. and they do offer a $10/pp discount for offseason weddings. the only diff between a fri, sat or sunday wedding is they will work with you on the total head count minimum required.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooodsie View Post

2) Pricing is pretty standard actually, as opposed to what the previous poster said - they don't really modify their packages, it's a standard package, so therefore the pricing is pretty set in stone

150/pp at the ballroom, 160/pp at the curtis center. and they do offer a $10/pp discount for offseason weddings. the only diff between a fri, sat or sunday wedding is they will work with you on the total head count minimum required.
You have contradicted yourself.

If they are smart and the room is empty on a Sunday afternoon and a history of that date being empty .. they will "Cater" to the client.

If you go in and wanted to spend $500 pp .. I feel confident they would do a party of 100 persons ..maybe even fewer ...

I have been catering for nearly 30 years from Florida to Boston ..
From Dinner for Two .. to Twenty Thousand

A good caterer will do anything legal that the client wants ... for a price.
As to the the dates .. check out weddings packages on 10/10/10 as opposed to 01/28/11 ... the later may be much cheaper.
Popular wedding destinations are charging a premium rate for 10/10/10.

Packages are easier ..
For both the caterer and the client.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:41 AM

692 posts, read 2,350,664 times
Like I said, for a Sunday or offseason they may consider adjusting the amount of people needed, but trust me I tried to customize a package and they will NOT take things away from their standard menu... To quote the owner "I make a name for myself with the excessive food we offer, we want the wedding to be over the top, if we take away anything it will not be our standard and we can't do that" .. So yes you're right if you wanted to ADD stuff of course theywould do it, but this person wants a cheaper price per head, which they're not going to get by "customizing" a package.. I tried to do it myselfand I was an off season date and they would NOT customize - they did however lower the minimum people required because of it being off season which ultimately saved me some money because I didn't have to invite as many people. That's all I'm saying. I'm not trying to discuss the business behind catering and making money, just trying to answer the original posters question - will she get a discount by cutting things out of the package? no. Will she save money by maybe going with a Sunday because they aren't 100% booked for every Sunday? Possibly. Will she save money by lowering her head count on an off season day? Yes.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:21 PM

Best Buys of Winter - Yahoo! Shopping

Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 38,726 times
I had my wedding at the Cescaphe ballroom In April 2006 the night before Easter so they did drop the price per person to 120$. Back then it was 130$ for a typical Saturday night. But of coarse the night before Easter wasn't booked so that's how I received a cheaper price!!!! Amazing place regardless how much you pay and the owner gives you whatever you want!!!!

Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times
Yeah that place is truly spectacular. Absolutely worth every penny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: