Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 10:01 AM

10,608 posts, read 12,115,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
If you work in Huntingdon Valley, what's to stop you from coming up north?
I was wondering that also. Why not look closer to where you work.
Unless you just HAVE to be closer to the city for some pressing reason.

Depending on where you work, why not look at Willow Grove, Hatboro, Feasterville/Trevose, Jenkintown. Wyncote, Meadowbrook, Southampton, Warminster, Ivyland, Willow Manor, Rockledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2021, 03:01 PM

1,524 posts, read 1,181,563 times
Yeah, I can't imagine a daily commute from Havertown to the Huntingdon Valley is pleasant.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:54 AM

968 posts, read 1,139,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
Yeah, I can't imagine a daily commute from Havertown to the Huntingdon Valley is pleasant.
Any daily commute that involves the Blue Route blows.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I was wondering that also. Why not look closer to where you work.
Unless you just HAVE to be closer to the city for some pressing reason.

Depending on where you work, why not look at Willow Grove, Hatboro, Feasterville/Trevose, Jenkintown. Wyncote, Meadowbrook, Southampton, Warminster, Ivyland, Willow Manor, Rockledge.
I second all these places too. I'll add in Oreland, Glenside and Abington (though that may be a little out of your price range), Ambler, Maple Glen, Spring House or Plymouth Meeting.

I have to be honest I am a little less familiar with the towns in Montgomery County than Bucks County. I know overall it is pricier but not sure exactly how the schools are zoned.

Old 08-23-2021, 08:23 AM

127 posts, read 143,347 times
Housing prices in Havertown have really exploded over the last year or two. Yes, I know they have gone up everywhere, but the level of the boom in Havertown is almost unprecedented. I think the combination of rail access, proximity to the city, top school district etc. has made it a very desirable outpost. Tertiary to that though, many people are capitalizing on said boom and cashing out. It really goes hand in hand.

And to the poster who said that Havertown is too close to MacDade Blvd, have you ever even been to Havertown? lol

Last edited by blinkme323; 08-23-2021 at 08:35 AM..

Old 08-28-2021, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
Housing prices in Havertown have really exploded over the last year or two. Yes, I know they have gone up everywhere, but the level of the boom in Havertown is almost unprecedented. I think the combination of rail access, proximity to the city, top school district etc. has made it a very desirable outpost. Tertiary to that though, many people are capitalizing on said boom and cashing out. It really goes hand in hand.

And to the poster who said that Havertown is too close to MacDade Blvd, have you ever even been to Havertown? lol
Yes I have. I have a business client there who I audit every 8 weeks, this client has other locations in Aldan, Boothwyn and Chadds Ford, and they used to have one in Collingdale too, as well as a bunch in the city and two in Bucks County. So I'm pretty familiar with the area, though maybe not exactly sure where one entity ends and another begins. Delaware County isn't that big. Boothwyn and Chadds Ford seem further away than the others.

Old 08-30-2021, 03:06 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
Yes I have. I have a business client there who I audit every 8 weeks, this client has other locations in Aldan, Boothwyn and Chadds Ford, and they used to have one in Collingdale too, as well as a bunch in the city and two in Bucks County. So I'm pretty familiar with the area, though maybe not exactly sure where one entity ends and another begins. Delaware County isn't that big. Boothwyn and Chadds Ford seem further away than the others.
Nonetheless, any spillover issues from West Philly will be minimal. Also, having looked on a map to remind myself, Havertown is separated from the lengthy MacDade Blvd. by Drexel Hill, Upper Darby, Broomall and Springfield. One might consider Upper Darby "hit or miss" - especially as one approaches the 69th Street area - but the other towns are pretty sturdy. The biggest "crime" may be the high property taxes...but even then, the relatively low home prices make up for it.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:48 AM

14 posts, read 10,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post

I love Havertown. It's a great place to live. It's a great place to raise a family. It's safe. It has a community feel. That being said, I do not think the housing prices in Havertown have anything to do with Havertown itself. When the real estate market exploded during the pandemic, many people put their homes on the market for asinine asking prices. You can see this in Havertown especially because you will frequently see homes reduced by 10, 20, 30, 40k. Sellers got too greedy. Not many people are willing to pay half a million dollars for a boring cape cod that is in need of updates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia